•  

Thread: Lets Talk Mufflers...

Lets Talk Mufflers...

So, I want a new muffler. I am looking for a deep sound thats uniform to the RPM Range. I do not want a fart-can muffler.

Ok, so I have been thinking about those Cherry Bomb mufflers you can find at Checker, or even a good Glasspack. What other modifications would I have to do to the exhaust system so I do not lose my low-end torque?

What mufflers do you all recommend?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Go with a Magnaflow race series.
      2006 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback - getting sold soon
      1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - The daily mommy shuttle
      1998 Lexus SC400
      1988 Toyota Supra - fully built JDM 7MGTE T40 Turbo

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      magnaflow or borla

Hey all,
      This is what I have for an exhaust on my Aveo. I have 2 1/2" SS from the cat down pipe to the rear of the car. I have a resonator midway back BUT I had it installed with the baffle fins going with the exhaust flow. This is how baffles are on custom motorcycle exhaust. I have a Yamaha Road Star with my baffles in like this. My engine is 1602cc's
      At the tail pipe end I have tried everything you can think of to take the "Honda Car" buzz out of it. I installed an APC short custom muffler that is on about a 45 degree down angle to the exit. This takes some bends out of the pipe. It is a big can, 2 1/2" in and out with a kind of baffle inside and a 4" id tip. It now sounds awesome. The muffler has given back just a tad of back pressure but and deep throated sound. Believe it or not Princess Auto was dumping these things for $40.00 each.

Do you think you can get me a sound clip? PM Me if you need an e-mail address or just post it here. I want to hear how your car sounds. Also, how is the performance? I am happy with the grunt it gets now, and I dont want to lose my low end torque, as well as my high end torque.