•  

Thread: Jet Performance?!?!? ECU Module ?!?!?

What do you mean there's no turbo? sflindall26's Avatar
      Thanks

Jet Performance?!?!? ECU Module ?!?!?

Hey guys looking for a little help on this! Jet performance has a stage 2 performance module for the 09 1.6l and newer ecu's. It says there is up to 25hp gains track and dyno tested. What I am wondering is, does anyone have any experience with Jet Performance and will this work on the 08 ecu or no? What is the difference between the 08 and 09 ecu?

here are the links;

JET 11012s Chevy Aveo 1 6L 11 12 Cruze Sonic 1 8L Performance Module Stage 2 | eBay

JET Performance Products, Import & Domestic Performance, Performance Kits, Fuel Systems, Transmissions

Any help would be great!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i had a jet module in my mustang. The only thing i can say is i am weary of products that do not advertise the numbers.. most companies dyno tune their chips and advertise either peak increases as an average, and even better companies post the dyno charts. I have not come across either for the jet module for an AVEO. And the "adds up to 25 hp" is BS. So if the jet module can say what it does specifically for an aveo, i would be able to say more about whether it is orth it or not. Otherwise i would not bother.

(this has been my dilemma with trifectas tunes as well) all the advertising is non specific on the sites i've seen I like companies like APR, where the numbers are there per car per chip. Not some random number like "up to 7000 hp increase*" *if you chip a aircraft carrier.

Thanks
      garbage... would never spend the $$ on "chips"
      The DD: 2011 Aveo5 LT
      The Race Car: 2004 Pontiac GTO 383 Stroker

What do you mean there's no turbo? sflindall26's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanks for the advice everyone, I will stay away from this!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      A jet performance module is not lie a resistor sold all over ebay. It is a plug in tune. But it is still a matter of what you get for your money. you will want to know what the increase and performance is for the money.

Thanks
      Yeah. It sucks they don't have "Aveo Results" but they do make a difference. I've got the Jet Chips 6 PAC on my TBI 409ci S-10. I can shift modes on the fly as I drive because of the simple TBI system. My tank average in Econo mode is always around 3mpg more the stock V8 chip. The idle tone, acceleration, and power difference is amazing between economy, towing, Stage 1 and Stage 2 performance modes. I feel it hit and pull harder when I shift under power. Feels like I got a dead cylinder back. But than again.... a 10% difference for that truck is a 50hp jump. A 10% difference in an Aveo is very little.

I also have a Tuner on my new Silverado 6.0 and I've got to shut it down and go through a 3 minute process to change modes so it's hard to tell any difference without a stop watch handy. But it's there.

Those cheepo Coolant Temp resistors do have a purpose. They certainly don't belong on stock motors. Those are like JB Weld. When used wrong everybody hate's it and think it's crap. but if used correctly it's the perfect answer to a simple problem. But first you need the problem.

I don't know a difference between 08' 09' but It's worth an Email to them and seeing what they say. Could be a cheep easy junkyard upgrade to convert your car to run a 09' ECU

I wish they would make a multi level tuner for the little Aveo's... Maybe one day.. I hope. The very best upgrade I've ever done to all my EFI vehicles

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the 08 and 09 have two totally different engines.