•  

Thread: Individual Throttle Bodies on Aveo

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Individual Throttle Bodies on Aveo

Any one have any idea whether what size individual throttle body to use for aveo? 45mm or 48mm? I am thinking of using this set from civic to modify the intake flange to fit aveo.

I know civic manifold also use bosch injectors which are direct universal fit for aveo. So no isssue. I also had a custom return line for fuel and a SARD fuel regulator, so no issues for fuel. Intend to put microtech stand alone ecu after the ITB mod.

But wonders what to do with the TPS sensor, idle control valve motor and MAP sensors which are on the stock intake manifold now. Also any issues with vacuum (the golden circlular thingy on manifold which looks like waste gate)?

Aveo intake manifold have EGR at the throttle body, TPS at throttle body and idle control motorise valve on torttle body. Not sure where is the MAP sensor though.

What is the circular thing and the 2 golden tube on the left most cylinder pipe near the manifold flange? Are they throttle position sensor and EGR (exos gas recirculation) ?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Individual Throttle Bodies on Aveo

It has a "cool" factor but you are honestly looking at such a terrible gain/dollar. You may get 5-6 hp outta that setup.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      It has a "cool" factor but you are honestly looking at such a terrible gain/dollar. You may get 5-6 hp outta that setup.
      +1...not worth it at all.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      I think you'll lose without the VGIS...