•  

Thread: Huge problem!!!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Unhappy Huge problem!!!!

I've had my 2010 Aveo sedan now for 3 months and im afraid that I broke it a while back, in that I really didn't know what the hold button did and I kinda pressed it while doing 65 on the HW I heard something like break or fall off and i ignored it because I live in vegas and you always run over ish. Soon after whenever I would have my A/C on a weird Rattling sound would come from the engine bay when i accelerated, but when the car is running with out the A/C there's no noise. Now fast forward 3 months and I now understand how to use the hold button I just went out for a drive and the sound returned when accelerating just liek when the A/C is on. Idk what I did but i like the car Anyone have any ideas of how bad I messed it up?

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      check your pulleys and related brackets for damage. Can you get the sound while the car is in neutral or only while going down the road? I don't know exactly how hold works, but I don't see it doing damage if you were already going 65. If it was going to damage anything I would guess torque converter or other transmission damage. But again, I must stress that I don't know, I'm just giving you places to start looking.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      If it's a 2010 you should still have warranty. Bring it in.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i dont think the two are related, i think while you were looking down, focused on trying the button, you ran over something that possibly damaged the ac clutch.

Thanks

RE:

I took the car in for the A/C Problem and they couldent replicate it and when I went in the garage to show them another customer had also brought in their aveo and it made that weird noise as well. I know there's something wrong though now that my memory is attacking me like a shark I also remember being in the parking lot and the car would hesitate on it acceleration, also it would it weird bursts of acceleration when i was stopped all this happened after the whole hold button fiasco. That last part hasn't happened in months though. Im gna go look underneath the car and take pics of anything I see strange. hopefully the engine doesn't fall on my with my luck.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i had some weird acceleration things (i thought) with the ac on when it was over 95-100* and also had a weird noise.

Without having written explanation from daewoo or gm about the ac operation, i attributed it to power loss, and the ac cutting out for full throttle.

Thanks
      After a day long run around town with my friend and I we finally checked the tranny fluid and it was blacker then I am "no pun intended because I live in the suburbs" but I undertand its supposed to be a pinkish red candy color this was more like a amber caramel not quite brown but golden-esque . Tomorrow im going to take it in to have the Trans fluid changed and filter replaced hopefully that helps solving the problem.