y2daniel:
"So when it comes time for an engine rebuild, or maybe if I just get bored, I want to add some higher compression pistons. So how high do you think I can go on 91 octane with stock engine management, stock thickness on head gasket, and timing without breaking something? I'm hoping for at least 11:1"

AveoSam:
"how do u plan to run stock engine management? i say get one of the performance pistons kits and bore it out to 80 mm and get the 11-1 compression pistons and you should be good to go with a piggyback on 91 octane"

y2daniel1981:
"i've seen some people increase their compression with pistons and keep everything the same, they were just careful not to go to high and use higher octane "

precisionboost:
"It would be easiest to use the Vauxhall Corsa 1.6L pistons...... 10.5:1 as these will work with your stock cylinder head and current lift configuration. "

exodus:
"doesn't high compression, low displacement usually mean lots of low end and not much else? "

y2daniel1981:
"Cool, i'd like to try 11:1 but I think I can be happy with 10.5:1. It's still more then a civic!
.....I dont know about on a low displacement engine, but I know usually you get an increase on everything"