•  

Thread: Help a Nubblet out when you get a moment, please.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Help a Nubblet out when you get a moment, please.

I think I completely checked, so I hope this isn't a redundant post and I hope I am posting it in the right spot.

I have a 2006 Chevy Aveo LS with under 36,000 miles. I have been having some issues and they are getting progressively worse. At first my car would start and die when I go to accelerate, but once I got it going it would run fine. Now it is to the point, that she does it every time. Every stop that I have to accelerate, but only then. She won't die idling or driving. The emissions from her smells like straight gas now and she will rev up after being started as though the gas is fluctuating.

Here are the codes that I got from her:

P0172 - Fuel trim bank one condition
      P2188 - Fuel Trim rich at idle
      P0106 - MAP/BARO or MAF/VAF sensor condition
      P2106 - Throttle Activator control system - Forced Limited power
      P2110 - Throttle Activator control system -forced limited revolutions per minute
      P161B - Control Module torque performance condition

After reading many of threads with similar problems, i have reason to believe it is the O2 sensors. But, I am very new to vehicle engines and I still have a lot to learn, so any input would be helpful. Thank you.

Thanks
      The first thing I'd check is the electrical grounds to make sure they're making good contact. Its not likely that that is the problem, but its a very easy fix. I'd also check the connector on the MAP sensor to make sure its not corroded. After that I'd probably look at replacing the MAP sensor.

Thanks
      daox sounds about on the money there had the o2 sensor go on mine . know it may sound dumb but have your checked your spark plugs as mine had a leaking rocker cover gasket and was filling the spark plug wells up driaing into the cyclinder and obviously fouling up the plugs therefore creating a pore ignition not burning all the fuel hence why my o2 sensor was ruined. there is a bodge way around replacing that sometimes works works on the mothers lanos remove the o2 sensor and leave it in petrol overnight but be careful not to get the wiring soaked. if not you can pick the o2 sensor up on ebay cheep enough just have the cut it into the old wiring plug

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      It turned out to be the O2 sensor. Thank you guys for your help

Thanks
      no problem mate seams that this is a very common issue on our cars allot of o2 sensors along with random miss fires anyone able to broaden as to why this may be