•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: flooded engine!

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

flooded engine!

I got water in my engine. Went thru a street that was flooded. I have the cai on it. It must of sucked some water, up in the engine before it died. Like a idiot I tried to start it. Pushed it out of the flooded street. Towed it to my brothers house. took off the cai. Let it dry out. Next day put old air filter system back on. Drained oil, some water came out first before oil. Pulled plugs out, drop a tad of oil in each cylinder. Left the oil pan bolt out and drop in 2 quarts of oil 2 see if I could get out anymore water out. also pulled off oil filter, oil just came out of it. I let it drain all night before i put the oil pan bolt back in. "drain plug" Filled it with oil today, Tried to start it . wont even turn over. I think im totally screwed here. Im looking at a lawn ornament.

man I feel like im the biggest moron on the planet.

Todd

2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan (manual tranny)
      Adding water to oil does NOT clean your engine, It reshapes connecting rods.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: flooded engine!

thats why they make bypass valves so this becomes less likely to happen. i remember a member on here doing the same thing and he had to take apart and rebuild his engine before it ran again.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

sux. say bye bye to warranty. and being that you have an 08, thats a real kick in the testies.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

can it be claimed under you insurance policy?
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Tough news buddy, you're f*cked... (Look at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=984)

That same situation happened to me to the letter (except I didn't try doing the oil stuff, I just knew it was messed up)...

I had a CAI too, with a bad air filter, and it was just after a heavy storm and I took a side road that had a bit of a dip, and I went into it at about 15 mph and didn't even notice it until I hit it, was about 2' deep. Couple of seconds later the engine just stopped... I sucked about 3 gallons of water into my engine...

Long story short I went to my auto shop and the water was everywhere! When I mean everywhere I mean more than just the oil areas... The reason why it won't start back up for you is because... The water is literally stuck inside your pistons and crank case and they won't move because the water cannot escape like air. Bottom line is again, you're f*cked.

On another note, I got it taken care of, for a mere $1100 and a week waiting, but I got it back better than new! They totally blew the sh*t out of it and all the carbon, particles and everything else that builded up over time and was removed.

And no your insurance won't cover it, first off you would need deductibles, second unless it's an option, no insurance company would cover you for adding "un-standard" features to your car, and considering how you used a CAI, the answer would be "no"... You might be able to sneak the stock one back on and say you went in a really deep puddle but how often do you see one like that?

So the life lesson is....

DO NOT EVER EVER HAVE A CAI WITHOUT THE PROPER REDUNDANCIES AND PROTECTION, IN FACT, DON'T HAVE ANY KIND OF UNIVERSAL CAI PERIOD, YOU WILL GET F*CKED EVENTUALLY IF IT'S NOT SPECIFICALLY FOR THE AVEO... CAREFULLY CONSIDER THE LEVELS OF RISK/REWARD YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT BEFORE DECIDING ON USING ONE.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

YA! NO **** IM FU*K! You guys are telling me **** I already KNOW!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I came here for love & support. But all im getting is heartache! LMAO

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

same thing happened to me, ur engine wont turn over because you need a new battery first of all, 2nd, you need to get a wet vacuum and remove your tb and suck out all the water out of your intake manifold, then get some very absorbant shop paper towels and stuff the intake manifold with them so it soaks up the residual water. Then you need to remove your spark plugs and crank the engine (make sure you have a 2nd car to jump and make sure its turned on when your doing it because you are going to have to crank it many times) this will remove most the water from the cylinders. Suck out the rest of the water with the vacuum (i used a straw and tape to make the tube small enough to get into the spark plug holes). Then let it sit for a day or 2. Remove the paper towels from the intake manifold and spray a good amount of starter fluid into the manifold and put your TB back together. Then spray starter fluid into each cylinder. Get new spark plugs and wires. Turn your motor and it should start. Then just flush your engine.

Thats how I fixed mine.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NYChevoo
      can it be claimed under you insurance policy?
      oh and i tried claiming it under my insurance, but since the water that came up to my car didnt mess up the airbag system (which would have been considered totaled) then i wasnt covered...

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

what if the spark plugs are removed and then the engine is cranked over? wont that blow the water out of the cylinders?

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast