•  

Thread: ? On Exhaust Manifold Port/Polish

? On Exhaust Manifold Port/Polish

Of the options available right now, in addition to Short RAM/CAI, to me porting/polishing of the exhaust manifold makes the most sense as a next step.

Anyone know what kind of bump in HP/Torque can be had from a Exhaust Port/Polishing?

- W

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      its not much, probably next to nothing

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: ? On Exhaust Manifold Port/Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN
      Of the options available right now, in addition to Short RAM/CAI, to me porting/polishing of the exhaust manifold makes the most sense as a next step.

Anyone know what kind of bump in HP/Torque can be had from a Exhaust Port/Polishing?

- W
      Yeah I port-matched the exhaust manifold within a month of getting the car, lol. I think I may have felt a difference, but in this case it could have been the placebo effect because there really isnt much that can be taken out

It really works with the whole system. When combined with bigger/no cat, bigger piping all the way down and a decent exhaust, that's when you start to see some HP numbers. Even then it's hard when your base HP is around 100, it's not going to be a 20 horse gain like you might see on some bigger cars.

I saw a Golf exhaust overhaul in one of my import magazines, where they spent $2,000 redoing it. It netted about 3HP.

I ported out the headers on my other car, and felt absolutely nothing. But all the little tweaks do add up.