•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: everyone read this

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

everyone read this

ok, this guy turboed his optra with the 2.0l. read the whole thing, and you'l get a general idea of how much power our aveo can handle, and what it takes to make that power. for one our d16 trans its rated at 160 nM ( 118 pounds of tq). i think its great that some one droped that much money in to the turbo set up, but its was a bitch to get it working right, and his clutch went, and d20 trans eat it self.

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6735

Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Thanks
      old new this is just like the c20get swap which im going to try doing here this winter im talking to a guy with the engine right now and am trying to get the money for it asap.
      its lookin like 170whp to start without gettin a new tranny

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      you should just go with the u20sed, itll be easier to find and you could probably make more power then the c20get sohc

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      you should just go with the u20sed, itll be easier to find and you could probably make more power then the c20get sohc
      you dont need much power in the aveo. 250 whp will get you fast as hell.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: everyone read this

Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1
      ok, this guy turboed his optra with the 2.0l. read the whole thing, and you'l get a general idea of how much power our aveo can handle, and what it takes to make that power. for one our d16 trans its rated at 160 nM ( 118 pounds of tq). i think its great that some one droped that much money in to the turbo set up, but its was a bitch to get it working right, and his clutch went, and d20 trans eat it self.

I think the D16 is closer to 160tq, possibly even at the wheels, not nM.

The clutch didn't last worth a crap for him, but I'm unsure at what RPM, his tranny was lasting okay at 245wtq untill he got stickyier tires then he went through two D20s. I think he drags a bit as well though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama

I think the D16 is closer to 160tq, possibly even at the wheels, not nM.

The clutch didn't last worth a crap for him, but I'm unsure at what RPM, his tranny was lasting okay at 245wtq untill he got stickyier tires then he went through two D20s. I think he drags a bit as well though.
      no the trans is rated in 160 nM which = 118tq, but people think that factory rating are underrated.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

no the trans is rated in 160 nM which = 118tq, but people think that factory rating are underrated.
      usually, engineers use security factors between 1.5-3.... so that would put the tranny between 177 and 354 tq.... And they never use wheel tq...always at the engine.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

Just double checked, I don't think it's nM but there are some mixed "facts". If it is nM, that seams far too low anyways. I found "facts" stating that the F20/D20 is rated at 200ft lb (270nM) and the F28 at 280ft lb (380nM).

The reason I say "facts" is because no one has ever been able to prove this, though the trannys do seams to hold along those lines.

Besides if it was ment to be rated at n-M then 118tq for the F16/D16 is far too low. Aveos with simple bolts ons, in colder climates, drag racing would be going throughD16s all the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama

Just double checked, I don't think it's nM but there are some mixed "facts". If it is nM, that seams far too low anyways. I found "facts" stating that the F20/D20 is rated at 200ft lb (270nM) and the F28 at 280ft lb (380nM).

The reason I say "facts" is because no one has ever been able to prove this, though the trannys do seams to hold along those lines.

Besides if it was ment to be rated at n-M then 118tq for the F16/D16 is far too low. Aveos with simple bolts ons, in colder climates, drag racing would be going throughD16s all the time.
      ya, but factory rating are always low, but the reason our cars are cheap is the tranys can't handle alot of tq, and out engine components can't handle alot of power, my point is if we put start puting down 150 whp, we will be breaking rods and tranys on a monthly basis.

and the reason i got a new car, is so i would not have to worry about it breaking down every week/ month, 3 years so far and not a single prob.

Thanks

ya, but factory rating are always low, but the reason our cars are cheap is the tranys can't handle alot of tq, and out engine components can't handle alot of power, my point is if we put start puting down 150 whp, we will be breaking rods and tranys on a monthly basis.

and the reason i got a new car, is so i would not have to worry about it breaking down every week/ month, 3 years so far and not a single prob.
      Not completly true. There are expensive cars that have some componets that can barley handle bolt ons. Plus we have a optra owner running 245whtq, versus the stock 105whtq. He's running on all stock internals, even bolts, without any problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast