•  

Thread: ECM location? and tuner resistor?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

ECM location? and tuner resistor?

anyone heard of these resistors on ebay? do they work? and where is the aveo's ECM to put it in.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      R u talking about the "power" or "mpg" chips/resistors?? Please explain a lil more. And what year is ur aveo?

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      lolwut. ive never heard of a chip/resistor you put in the ecu... I think the jet chip is piggyback off of it but thats not a resistor. Resistors usually are attached to the 02 sensor, or the IAT sensor. None of which work whatsoever other than the jet chip, which im not too keen on, but i believe ^^^ pooh man has one of those

Thanks
      Correct I do have the jet and it does help throttle response n e-way passing times(60-85mph) and yes those resistors are crap in theory tbey will work for about 10-15minutes untill the ecu adapts. I am trying to figure out if the ecu "dumbs down" the Jet chip by using the butt dyno but I think its just me getting use to it. If I pop it out I do notice more "tip in" lag upon mashing the go pedal. I would love to see a trifecta dyno before n after compared to the jet. The sonic forum posts some #s that are ok (trifecta) but peak power cant give you an idea of USABLE power. I ll take a 0 peak gain to get 10-15 from 2000-5000rpm

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      It says it goes in the ecm, i dont know lol, but you answered my questions, just pointless... What about the VOLO chips that you tap into the OBD port? HAe your guys heard of this or anyone running this? I have a 2006 LS sedan.

Thanks
      Ive gotta 2nd gen so I am not too familiar with the 1st gen chips that r legit. Check out this forum or look into daewootech.com. I remember there are a few out there. U could always go with a intake header cat back and an apex safc but the safc n tuning gets pricey. If u choose the latter hit me up with a pm I can get u a deal possibly on a apex unit.

Thanks
      Do a quick google search on daewoo lanos/ e tec 1.6 -motors there is some euro tuners u could e mail also check youtube on BORMAN tuning the lanos 1.6 its a sbot it the dark or ut should get u started also check out UPSOLUTE chips.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      @ sbelcher, I don’t think it’s going to be easy to find parts for any of these jets now. They are extremely hard to find. Also, the tuner resistors can’t be used to just tune the engine, it’s not as simple as that. Each and every engine parameter has to be carefully studies to see what the range of these resistors is and once installed, what should be the ideal parameters for this. It’s easy to find the ecm though. Look for it in the block diagram, it’s the one all pressure, temperature sensors are interfaced to but finding locations for tuner resisters isn’t that easy.

pcb assembly

Last edited by pilav; 03-03-2014 at 08:17 PM.