•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coolant drain plug

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog View Post
      look at the passenger side radiator tank and you'll see it. you'll need a 12 or 14mm wrench (been 2 years since I changed my coolant).
      Passenger side my ass... its on the very bottom at the drivers side just under the axle frame inconveniently ledged with no f***in space to remove... its a plastic nut which is a pain in the bumper to take off... not doing this crap on my own ever again!!

Thanks
      Why did you need to remove it? Just open with your wrench until the coolant begins to drain out. No need to remove the petcock, just open it. FYI

Thanks

Coolant Drain Plug - 2010 Chevrolet Aveo

After looking it up online for hours, finally figured out where the drainage plug was even located! It can be found on the drivers side directly behind the "grill" or "fascia." There is a small rubber "nipple-like" spout where the fluid will drain from and the plug is directly above it. There is no need to take the plug completely out, but just loosen it until it drips. Make sure you keep the cap on the reservoir until you're out from underneath the car. I used a very small 13mm wrench as there isn't a lot of room to work in that area. Reason for posting is that it was a huge piss off to locate, and a post like this one could've cut my time in half! Pics attached!
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
      Right in the middle it is 13 mm. Having read all the posts here, i guess on some newer aveos it is accessed from below the bumper on the driver's side (LHS)

Thanks
      Thanks dragonwarrior2016, is this still true? no drain plug for your 2006? Trying to find it for my 2010 Aveo LT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123