•  
    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: close but not close enough...

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Audacity Racing
      Megasquirt for the win!!! It's cheap, it works, it's open source, and it's tunable by anyone with some common sense!

I use it

I have a single board computer running DSM (damn small linux) with MegaTunix (the tuning program) inside the car...
      What do you use to boot off of? I've always been weary about putting HDDs in the car due to their poor ability to survive bumps. One of my friends is using a CD as a boot disk then using a CF card for writable media.

Just trying to weigh out my options.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

I actually boot from a compact flash drive and store everything on a thumb drive...

My SBC (single board computer)

(plans free of charge to anyone up to it)

Links to a laptop through VNC and the LAN. No need to a monitor (though I'm using one as a gauge display).

Weighs about 2 pounds for the wiring and board in a nice aluminum enclosure.

You could do it with a "Shuttle" computer and run a pentium 3 or 4 processor for cheap and do it too.

Keep in mind the MegaSquirt is standalone, but I did this to have datalogging going on.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      flash drives are more than capable nowadays. check out another forum I was a player in http://www.mp3car.com I am responsible for the Reviews section (pats self on back).

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      I still think it will work, give me them pics... Also, megasquirt only mods the fuel, Your emanage is setup to mod more than just the fuel.

MegaSquirt is a full ECU homie. If you get the additional board (MegaSquirt and Spark) it will control ignition (like if you added a DIS II to the system).

The E-manage blue is just a piggyback.

Thanks
      I am familiar with the megasquirt. I was going to use it, but the emanage came out and seemed like the better buy. One nice thing about the emanage being a piggy back is you don't lose your stock tables which the manufacturers have put a significant amount of time to create.

If you're boosting... stock fuel map is useless anyway

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Audacity Racing
      If you're boosting... stock fuel map is useless anyway
      Not true. What about when you are off boost? Also since my Impreza was MAF based, i was able to take out 33% accross the MAF board and the stock ecu could actually handle about 5-7psi with no additional fuel added. Realize the injectors I put in had about 33% more flow hence the number. Now I did need to add fuel above 5-7psi and actually tuned it up to 17psi. I then turned the boost down to 13-14 so it would be reliable. At those boost levels I also had to pull up to 15 degrees of timing which the megasquirt would not do.

But again, with the MS&S it works fine...

I can't imagine a using stock fuel maps on the Lanos/Aveo though. Even with the factory tuner it's a pain to adjust timing enough to use them like that, not to mention tune off EGT or wideband...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456