•  

Thread: Car going into limp mode

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Car going into limp mode

I have a 2009 Chevy Aveo that is currently throwing codes (p0599, p2181, p01400, p0360, p0171, and p0128.) When I start it up it will drive for a block or two before the transmission stops working. If I turn the vehicle off for 10-15 seconds it will drive for another block or two before repeating the symptoms. I’ve changed the oil in the motor and transmission. I have pulled the throttle body to test the tps sensor and I’m getting a reading of 1.25 - the new one I purchased but have yet to put it on tests to 1.35. I’m grateful for any suggestions. I’m leaning towards either pedal position sensor or computer.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Before you replace the pedal position sensor or the ECM computer, I suggest checking and cleaning the main Ground Connections of the underhood wiring harness. I strongly suggest checking and cleaning the main ECM Ground Connection G103 located right in front of the underhood ECM. You may also wish to check Ground Connection G104 located at the starter motor. I had similar driveability problems with my 2009, that was quickly solved when i removed and cleaned-up the wiring harness Ground Connection G103 beside the underhood ECM.

Deano

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I cleaned both grounds g103/g104 and still having the same symptoms. To give you an idea of the data pre limp mode it shows the tps% at 20% at idle and as soon as the problems occur it jumps up to 100% and does not come off of it. The pedal still responds when compressed but it will not move unless I turn the key off for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
      Before you replace the pedal position sensor or the ECM computer, I suggest checking and cleaning the main Ground Connections of the underhood wiring harness. I strongly suggest checking and cleaning the main ECM Ground Connection G103 located right in front of the underhood ECM. You may also wish to check Ground Connection G104 located at the starter motor. I had similar driveability problems with my 2009, that was quickly solved when i removed and cleaned-up the wiring harness Ground Connection G103 beside the underhood ECM.

Deano