brian5475E:
Went to intimidator. Found out they get there cams from the U.S. for the 1.6 and 1.5 DOHC. Here is the company. I am going to call them tomorrow and get a price. Int. dyno with them. 124 HP. I'm sure that is with the stock exhaust. So 150 HP may not be too far away for me.
http://www.intimidator.co.kr/bbs/zboard ... e=headnum& desc=asc&no=114

AveoSam:
sweet deal....they would work with a turbo setup too right?

y2daniel1981:
email them and find out!

AveoSam:
wow 124 hp would be nice upgrade from 105....we will show those toyota yaris's and honda fits lol

flybanger46:
Yea, you would definitely feel that extra hp with that.

Nemasys:
Holy crap, imagine those with CAI, those header Brian installed and a 2.25 inch full exhaust, higher comp. pistons... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

aveosummit:
Can anyone read Korean? So how much for the cam and the bored over short block?

ChevroletRyan:
Looks like the cam will cost just over 200 USD
The Short block will cost around 520 USD
These prices I found on the site and converted them using XE.com

aveosummit:
thanks, so what would be the cost of shipping and how do we order them?

Nemasys:
That bored tb looks nice too

Brian5475E:
the cams are 1200 USD if you order from Intimidator. unless I convertewd wrong. Because I contacted WebCam today. 550 to regrind your stock cams.

subachad:
Wow that's a little steep for a regrind. If someone got the specs, deltacams in WA would do them for about $65 each. I had them do my Subaru cams, all said and done with shipping came to just under $140.
i think the site is deltacams.com or something.

AveoSam:
yea someone get the specs lol so we can do this the cheap way lol but would the webcams company regrind the the cams to the same specs as the cams that can produce 120ish hp? or was the bore out a part of the 120 ish produced?

Brian5475E
SPECS
------------------------------------
valve timing information
: in : ex :
valve lash : stock : stock :
valve lift : .387 : .387 :
duration : 238 ˚ : 238 ˚ :
duration @.50 : 206 ˚ : 206 ˚ :
lobe center : 110 ˚ : 110 ˚ :

AveoSam
thanks for the info brian...i will see if my dad knows anyone who does cam regrinds around here for cheap.....now i have very little knowledge about cams...will these effect mpg? how will the idle be b/c i know some extreme cams cause bad idle

y2daniel1981
I think you'll get a little worse mpg, as for the idle... i'm not sure - maybe, maybe not

Brian5475E
3 tech performance makes them also in Canada. They work mostly with older swifts. I'm am waiting to see if we have to supply the cams or not. he had them listed on ebay for $300 USD. and he would custom grind them. But he can make more

exodus
Idle depends on the duration the valves stay open and if there's any overlap. No idea what the stock duration is.
This cam is extremely "mild" by VW mk3 8v standards.

AveoSam
by extrememly mild do you mean more towards race spec or barely mild

exodus
I run a 260d cam in my jetta. 256d and 260d are the limit for not tripping a CEL. It's still considered a "street/strip" cam in the VW community.

AveoSam
ok i just wanted to make sure that I understood what you meant.
...on a side note: 124 hp are about the same as u20sed stock numbers....so do you what else do you think the 1.6L had on it besides cams in that dyno?

Brian5475E
Not sure but as I was told that is a mild cam profile. I may go a little more agressive, nut not too much. want to be able to drive it in

computerkiller
why not call up crane cam and ask them to make you a custom one probly be cheaper my friend said

exodus
I'm still iffy on regrinds... I'd much rather see a properly built one =/
I almost didn't purchase my rotors because they weren't cast with slots. We'll see how that turns out.

Denis
is it just me, or is there 15 pounds of torque?

AveoSam
they use a different unit of measurement over there for torque

Denis
kool, so we can go to a shop that can regrind our cams to their specs, and that it, or am i messing some thing?

subachad
That looks like a dyno plot which could be from an aveo, but how does it have a 7000 RPM redline?!?
oh, i wrote that before i looked at the dyno graph, and i was just saying how with the new cams the power band might go on for lil longer, and that we could move up the revlimiter, and how it would be awesome for the car to rev higher.

Nemasys
Most stand alone engine management ecu's give you control over the rev limiter i think

Denis
yes they do, but with stock cams it will just be noise, no power gains.

computerkiller
People listen i was talking to my buddie whos builds hotrods for a long time and told him about the cam issue we have and he said never get cam re grinded he said make the cam weaker and more prone to breaking also when u regrind the stock cam dont have that much to work with and when u regrind it never going to be a good as a new proformace cam i was talking of geting a custom one he said most likey call crane cams and they can make u a custom cams but he said if you want to regrind make sure a professional does it like a cam company he said he wouldnt risk it to a machinest he said cost on a custom cams most likey is 500 a cam but that to any spec u want i rather just not see one of ya break your cams or be disapointed
i think u would understand more if he show u a cam and how they regrind and etc how he show me he got a cam from a v8 and pointed out the lift and drations and etc and show me how it all worked and said if your going to throw down 500 might as well do it right

Brian5475E
Well the place I'm talking about is WEBCAMS in Cali. they do regrinds for Intimidator. They are strickly a cam company

subachad
Brian, check with this place. They did the cams on my Subaru for $65 per cam, but they already had the profile. Take a look at their process, you'll notice they don't just regrind, they start by adding metal and then reshaping the cams.
http://www.deltacam.com/

Denis
im sorry to bring a dead post back to life, but wore thouse gains only with the cams or with bored cilinder wells also?

Brian5475E
just cams

AveoSam
anyone still into getting these?

Nemasys
Id like some but too expensive