•  

Thread: cam gears

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

cam gears

i have a o4 aveo and am putting the motor back to gether after a timing belt snaped. but the one thing i dont know is the cam gears. im not sure it there is a differance in them. and if there is can anyone show me a pic of what one is the exhaust and what one is the intake.
      thanks in advance.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: cam gears

i feel ya bro mine snapped too interferance motor no good. everything was shot to ****. but yeah i will try to gather up some pics when i did mine. let me guess around 60k miles on yours???
      AVEO... GREAT ECONOMY... CHEAP PERFORMANCE... EQUALS ONE FAST AVEO

ALSO CHECK OUT MY AVEO http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...veo/My%20aveo/

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

i found some pics on my phone from when i first started taken it apart. but befor this i hsd no idea what a timeing belt even was. but i got a buddy of mine that was a mechanic for 10 years help me threw it. when the belts teeth came off i was getting on the freeway and i merged and tryed to pick up speed when i felt a slight jerk. i knew there was something wrong but i was clueless of what it was. and i had the radio on so i didnt hear nuthing at all.but when we tore the car down and we fliped the head over 12 valves were bent to wack. all Exhaust were shot and some pretty bad dmg to the head. but just a little mark on the exhaust side of the pistons.but i took it in to a shop and had a guy re do it all. new lifters and valves. the lifters had to be custom made. dont ask me why but it its what the guy said. and he also said that finding parts dor it was a nightmare. the Exhaust valves came in from cali and the intake from new york. it took the guy 6 weeks to re do the head but i have it all back together now. just need to buy some sparkplugs and see what she does. and yeah the mileage was 60,937 when this happend. over 1/3 the old belts teeth were gone. the thingthat really made me upset was id just gottn a full tank of gas.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

i knew it was around 60k thats usually when they wear and slowly give way. so yeah thats good its ok now
      AVEO... GREAT ECONOMY... CHEAP PERFORMANCE... EQUALS ONE FAST AVEO

ALSO CHECK OUT MY AVEO http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...veo/My%20aveo/

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

exos

intake