•  

Thread: Bad Gas

Bad Gas

Well I think I got some bad gas yesterday. or something. was on empty empty went and put $10 of gas in. ran fine up to the gas station. put the gas in then after about 10 mins of driving the engine started to miss and sputter on the highway. if I down shifted and got on it it it would really miss. pulled the plugs they looked fine. I have the magnacore wire, didn't see any problems. Also got a flashing check engine, but I figure that to be the mis fire code . so I did the pull a wire test. let the engine run and pull each wire 1 at at time to see if any change or no change took place. well every time I pulled a wire it got worse so that tells me fuel. so next option change the fuel filter. any idea where it's at, I never looked. I'm guessing down by the fuel tank. I hope it's not like a dealer item like everything else.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      yeah i think you may have got some bad gas

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Go pick up some toluene from a paint supply store. Raw, pure octane booster.
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I also hear once you get the H&R's out, it will help make your car better. :P

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

bad gas

i get that NOZ Octain booster it says it is not street leagal but i don't care it cleaned out my injectors just fine when i put a gas treatment pill in and jacked up my injectors (my friend got in to this biz with a gas additive that comes in pill form and you put it in you're tank and it makes you're car run 20% better well i was getting 29MPG before this stuff and 24MPG after and it took 4 full tanks of gas and 4 bottles of the NOZ Octain Booster to fix the injectors) I'll never put that pill crap back in my tank here is a link to what i am talking about

http://www.gotmileagemld.myffi.biz/en/
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: Bad Gas

Sounds like you got water in your fuel, pour a red bottle of HEET in your tank and run for 10 minutes...problem solved.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska