•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aveo turbo kits??

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      it should at least require a remap.

2 psi though isnt much and if you remain in the parameters of the sensors, and the timing advance/retard allowable by the computer as well as added fuel, then you will be ok. the thing is though, and am not sure of this.. but i do not believe 2 psi would not overcome the need of the engine at wide open throttle. meaning the engine will still be running NA at that point and have a restriction of the fan in front of it. I am sure there is some big formula (probably) but you have to remember the engine is a pump too. so you need to pump air into that pump (per cylinder) faster than it pumps itself.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Thanks
      Right right... I think what you're referring to rabbit, is something that I've heard called "relative" and "actual" boost... the actual boost being what is produced by the standalone device, and the relative boost being in relation to the air being pulled by the engine... is that close to right? Not sure of the terminology (may have it backwards), but I read something like that; what I have is supposed to generate roughly 2- 2.5 boost on engines 1600cc or less... not sure, but I'd say it generates some boost, judging from the times... Really appreciate the info, everyone!

Thanks
      sorry i gotta chirp in on this one, although your electonic supercharger or what ever it is says in can produce 2 psi that might not be accordingly on our engines. when talking about boost it all comes down to air flow, like for example a small turbo producing 2 psi is going to have a lot less lb/m (pounds of air per minute) than a larger compressor flowing 2psi. so what im getting at is if your electronic thing doesnt have the capabilities of flowing MORE than what the 1.6l is pulling in at WOT your just creating a restriction
      basically what rabbits saying up above just do your homework before you spend the cash on something that might not help

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      i have ordered a COMPLETE t4 turbo kit on ebay for under $500. completely universal.

Thanks
      I think the money would be better spent trying to stuff a 1.4 turbo from a sonic to an aveo

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPR View Post
      i have ordered a COMPLETE t4 turbo kit on ebay for under $500. completely universal.
      Please post a build thread!

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      Wow, well done in bringing back another relevant thread.. the idea about the 1.4 turbo salvage to save money, but really.. still its about controlling the hardware components, not as much about the components. Its the wiring harness for any setup that I am curious about, since nobody makes one. I think its up to a few of us to do it ourselveves. But we still need so much more to make it happen at a reasonable cost. My hypothetical thread about a turbo has a basis of 4 thousand canadian dallers (thats about 3080 usd), and that will be a challenge to make that target, without some lucky breaks and some help.

Last edited by northguest47; 07-02-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345