•  

Thread: Apexi vs K&N filters

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Apexi vs K&N filters

optus3
      Can anyone see any advantage of H&N air filters over the Apexi Power intake. There's not much price difference if you shop around. I know the H&N is reliable but looks old school.

mtlswift
      You mean K&N, right? If you really want flow in a cone filter, I'd recommend the K&N X-Stream with the filter on the top as well as the sides.
      There's probably nothing wrong with the Apexi- I like the fact that it's a dry filter, but for filtering properties or a dry filter with good flow, I'd recommend the AEM Dryflow filter.

optus3
      but has the K&N X-Stream been shown to be any better than the APexi? Because that's why the Apexi is good, because it sucks air from all around.

mtlswift
      The apexi still sucks from the sides, but that cone design on the top is supposed to divert the sucked air towards the opening, whereas the x-stream has the filter top, which I think should flow more.
      K&N's wet filter tech (with very porous media) allows for a lot of flow, but only "adequate" filtration. I'll try to find the filter media study, but IIRC the K&N was found to flow the best, but for best combination of flow and filtration, the AEM dryflow was the best.
      Regardless, any cone filter will allow for more than enough air for our engines.

optus3
      thanks for your reply mtlswift,
      I found this article on the net. Its intresting
      http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

mtlswift
      Good find! Well, if it's true, go for the apexi. The difference in gains are moot. 1 hp variation can come from sneezing too hard.
      Don't forget that the translators won't vouch for the authenticity of the test. But definitely don't get the sintered metal filters. They definitely don't clean very well, plus retain heat.

andrewsvt03
      i just go with k&n cause i know the quality is good, they have been proven time and again. btw, this is the wrong forum for this question, just a heads up

How much for the K&N filter for Aveo? It's 30-40+USD
      As i know in Malaysia selling RM300 is very expensive..
      How the look like? Any pic?

Really powerfull or not if compare with HKS how its?

Anyone can answer me pls?