•  

Thread: ANY AUTO TRANSMISSION FLUID BOLT ? 2006 Aveo HB

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

ANY AUTO TRANSMISSION FLUID BOLT ? 2006 Aveo HB

Sorry if this is a 'repeat question', but i dont recall getting an answer, to this question, so I am asking this one again.

Where is the drain bolt on the tranny pan? On my 2006 Aveo HB. So I can drain whats in there. About how much will come out from the drain hole, from the pan? AND where is the SUPPLY hose, going TO the transmission cooler? Looking at the engine from the front, duh,...where do I find it??

What size is the bolt, if anyone knows. And what size hose is the supply hose, so i can buy a section of hose, from someplace, to attach to the supply side, turn the engine on, and the old tranny fluid will be forced out, as it is forced out, I pour in new fluid. Once the dark fluid stops coming out, and I see the red/pink fluid, it is all changed! Reconnect the supply hose and I'm done! Not a couple of hundred dollars at the dealer, or at a garage. For a simple change. Not a FLUSH!

I know it must be in the manual, but how many quarts does the automatic tranny hold? So I know that i have enough on hand. I don't want to only have half of it on hand. And some will go into the old fluid. So I want enough on hand. Thanks for any help with these questions. I wish I could change the title of my post, but I can't!

Last edited by FlaAveo5; 12-19-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I know in my 2006 aveo sedan the tranny is connected to the radiator. While changing my radiator out I forgot to attach the tranny line and a bunch came squirting out after I turned on the engine. That line is located on the bottom right of the radiator if you're looking at the engine from the front.

As for a bolt, mine doesn't have any. You'll have to drop the pan slowly unbolting the lowest side first so tranny fluid drips.

I never thought of letting the fluid come out thru the cooling hose. Let me know if that works out for ya.

Thanks
      Thank you for the reply/information!! There is no drain bolt on the 2006 sedan? The HB must be the same. Well i will have to go look at my engine bay in the morning, and see if I find the supply line, I guess ill just have to drain MORE out the way I am trying to set up,if there is no drain bolt, to let out whats in there. i cant drop the pan,it is to much work for me. THIS might be to much work for me. Bad knees and back,...so certain positions are impossible to get into, or stay into,for any length of time.
      I will need to see the size of the line,...then find CLEAR line that size,..someplace! A pet store maybe? If I manage this task, i will take pics. and let you know and everyone know.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      yeah you could get a clear hose from a fish store. The ones they use to siphon the gravel, and a clamp. the line connecting to the radiator isn't that thick. (its just a guess though!)

is it safe to flush the tranny like that? if so i might try to do a flush like that myself, my fluid's turning a bit brown.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Newborn View Post
      yeah you could get a clear hose from a fish store. The ones they use to siphon the gravel, and a clamp. the line connecting to the radiator isn't that thick. (its just a guess though!)

is it safe to flush the tranny like that? if so i might try to do a flush like that myself, my fluid's turning a bit brown.
      Well I thought of draining the fluid with taking the bolt off, and doing it a few times over a week or two, till I got most of the fluid out. But if there is no bolt, then I cant do it that way. I went to 'YouTube' and found a video named something like 'Change your transmission fluid yourself', or 'Change your transmission in ten minutes', something like that. I watched it and it made perfect sense. It was a guy with a white Civic, and he taped it step by step. He drained the fluid by the bolt first, then to get all the rest out, he put a clear hose onto the supply side line to the tranny cooler, and ran the engine, and let it push the fluid out, as he added the cheap GM tranny fluid. He read in his manual that he could run cheap GM tranny fluid in an emergency, so he did that for a week, then the next week, he did it again, with the expensive Honda fluid, till it ran with the new red/pink fluid,out of the tube. It got all the fluid out, including from the torque converter. The Aveo takes 7.4 quarts, I think, so I am going to check on that, and if I can find the right size tubing, I'll do it. I dont have any issues with my transmission, just figured it would be good to change. It has been around 5-6 years. And it would be the cost of the fluid and the tubing. Pretty cheap. I would like to put in Synthetic fluid, but it is like $20 a quart! WAY out of my range right now.