•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 92 gasoline

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i use higher octane (premium) because at high altitudes the car runs better, it's recommended that we use plus, plus at 10 cents more a gallon I don't really care about saving a whole dollar.

thanks for all the responses. but does anyone know what that 95 electrode thingie is for? should we take ours off if we use regular gas (89)? or is that only in european countries. thanks

Thanks
      Have you looked in your car to see that we even have a jumper like that??

nope, im a newblet so thats why im asking.

Thanks
      First, they probably have the 1.4L engine, so overall the configuration is going to be a little different.
      Secondly, North American Aveos are meant to run on 87 octane. If you run 91, you *might* gain 1 HP at most, but you also run the risk for forming carbon deposits on the heads.

The converse is different, though. If your car is tuned to run 91 and you put 87 octane in there, you may lose at least 5-10% power.

So, if there turns out to be a jumper there, it'll probably be set for 87 octane. You can try to figure out which jumpers need to be "jumped" to let the car run 91 octane (from what I understand with the babelfish web page translator you can do) and run 91 octane but I doubt you'll gain anything noticeable, performancewise.

hm allright. thanks. ill just keep it how it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12