•  

Thread: 2008 chevy aveo sedan ultimate engine swap

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2008 chevy aveo sedan ultimate engine swap

Hey guys I'm back!!! Been doing some research on the aveo wheel base and track length as well as engine bay measurements...so I have my 1999 saab 9-3 hatchback sitting around and gears were turning...I measured the overall length of the front inline track length and overall engine/trans dimensions. I'm gonna be putting in the saab 2.0L turbo engine and trans(automatic). Thing is I'm gonna have to heavily modify the aveo subframe and relocate the subframe mounting points for 5his 2 work. I'm gonna also be using pretty much the saab front suspension as it's more heavy duty versus the aveo suspension and the suspension geometry will be different in the aveo with the saab engine. Nothing a few camber/castor shim clips cant fix...lol I already have a microsquirt piggyback unit but I'll be forced to get rid of the damn saab tritronic unit(connected to saab ecm). And rewrite the saab ecu to work with the aveo electronics. My buddy is already doing r&d work on the saab ecu. I'll be using the existing saab front calipers and using the whole saab rearend track as well(calipers in rear) disc brake conversion technically. The track length will be a foot wide front and back overall but I have another buddy who has an aveo to build and mock up a wide body kit for me. I'll be going from 14" wheels to 16" and using the saab wheels and tires(5lug pattern) going from 185/50R14 to 205/60R16 obviously ill be making room for the wider tires and rolling the fender lips some. But I'm excited for this build. I'll keep everyone posted on this build with pics as well. This build is in the planning stages and development for now...

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Cool. Any update regarding the swap?