•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 sedan in the shop for warranty work (oil leak)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

08 sedan in the shop for warranty work (oil leak)

Ughhh, I just purchased a used 08 aveo lt sedan maybe two weeks ago with 10,000 miles on it for 10.5k. I noticed for the past few days the oil light flickering. I awoke this morning to find large amounts of oil on my garage floor. I checked the oil level on the dipstick, and it was low. I threw some oil in it & took it to the dealership. They said I can't drive it & gave me a rental. Said they'll need it for at least 5 days. I was told it's a defective oil sending unit, and wiring harness. I'm still under the 3/36 & the 5/100 so everything is being covered. I also bought 4 new vehicles from this dealership & this used one, so It's in their best interests to keep me happy. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I bought the aveo because I needed a car good on gas, and had some decent trunk room. Thus, my reasoning on getting the sedan even though I liked the looks of the hatchback more. I feel the car is somewhat reliable, and the gas mileage has been good. I know about getting my timing done before 60k too, so hopefully I won't have any more issues? If it proves itself I may upgrade to a 2012 if they get a decent review.

I actually like the aveo & it's looks. I get busted on a bit from my friends, but it's all in good fun. I didn't need a high performance car as my daily driver. I bought it for what it was. I have a sport bike, and 400hp vw to fuel that need

Fortune favors the bold-Alexander the great

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: 08 sedan in the shop for warranty work (oil leak)

What vw?

This in not one I have heard, but the thing about aveos is they are cheap, so one defective part might get through once in a while. Mine had a bad fuel pump.

Plus as a used car it might not be the part but maintenance that was defective.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      What vw?

This in not one I have heard, but the thing about aveos is they are cheap, so one defective part might get through once in a while. Mine had a bad fuel pump.

Plus as a used car it might not be the part but maintenance that was defective.
      True, but I made sure the warranty will transfer before I bought it, and there wasn't even any questions asked about it. I did some interent searching and I read about this same problem on a few other aveo's. I just didn't know why I needed a new wiring harness?

I always had a love affair with show & go. I've built up quite a few chevy trucks, and a caddie cts. I also like vw's and have been wrenching on them since I was 16. I'm 34 now, and have a 06 mkv gti in my garage as a weekend/show car. It makes 370whp on 100+octane & 330whp on 93. It's a fun little car, that I've been building over the past few years.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

It must be heavily modded one, I never heard of a stock vw close to 400hp.
      Yeah they better fix this for you, only 10k miles and already leaking? IMHO aveos are made with cheap materials, hit a curb with mine and needed about $1500 in repairs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63gst20
      It must be heavily modded one, I never heard of a stock vw close to 400hp.
      Yeah they better fix this for you, only 10k miles and already leaking? IMHO aveos are made with cheap materials, hit a curb with mine and needed about $1500 in repairs.
      Yes, it has a turbo swap & a mod list a mile long. Alot of my friends are hating on my aveo, but I really enjoy it. I didn't buy a car for 10.5k and expect a cadillac. I have a commute that averages 75-100 miles each day, and wanted something good on gas & had some trunk room for my tools & gear. I also go away alot mountain biking & the trunk works out great for a bike rack etc...

I really like the looks of the new 2012 aveo, and would like to get once I learn more about it. It's supposed to compete head to head with the vw's & mazdapeed3's in that class.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

rabbit loves VW's lol

never heard of any Aveo's having that problem, got a rare one there =D>

the 2012 is gonna be nice though

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo
      rabbit loves VW's lol

never heard of any Aveo's having that problem, got a rare one there =D>

the 2012 is gonna be nice though
      I'm a VW myself too, had a beetle(old school, and a mini- van with something that was believed to be the sr20).

Thanks

Here's a link to my flickering oil light problem:
      http://www.examiner.com/x-4493-Orlando- ... flickering

There seems to be alot of similar problems that I've found on searching the web. The gm tech seemed to know the problem right away, and told me alot of aveo's have this same type problem. He said for some reason though, mine developed a serious oil leak. The said it had to do with a bad wiring harness? That I've never heard of? Hopefully, I'll get it back monday or tuesday? The tech also told me he had to replace alot of parts on it due to the leak, but they where being very cryptic & wouldn't give me to much info

I know this isn't the place, but since alot of people commented on my vw here's a few pics:

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

hmm myself i have not really seen or encountered this problem, well at least i have not seen much about it on the 2 fourms, at least they are getting it fixed up right

looks good man

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

That is one sick ride.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast