•  

Thread: 06 transmission with a2005 computer?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

06 transmission with a2005 computer?

Had the dreaded timing belt break after I bought the car, so I found a 2006 engine and transmission, instead of just installing the engine I decided to pull everything and swap the 06 engine and transmission with the manifold from the 05.

i got everything pulled and then reinstalled, couple turns of the key and everything starts right up and runs amazingly... But now I have a transmission problem I can't get the car out of park . Is there something simple that I have missed? I had the conversation of was the transmission any good... It had been sitting for about 6months. My uncle was able to tell me to take the trans cooler lines off and check to see if I got any fluid to come out from the pump, but I can't get it to come out of park to check to see if the pump is really working. Was hoping that there would be an easy fix or an easy way to see if the transmission is any good, is there something that I'm missing that maybe an easy fix other than putting the old transmission back on?

i checked all the wires and there seems to be one wire that is not hooked up that is attached to the wheel well but all other wires to the transmission are attached.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Well good news figured it all out... For my swap I put a 2006 drive train in to the 2005 chevy... didn't really have to swap a whole lot other than the manifold... everything else works as it should. Have a hold light and a blinking engine light which I'm guessing is the crank sensor that I read in the previous post of putting a 2006 motor in the 2005.

Very happy that this worked out the way it did. the problem that I was having ended up being 3 little but big bolts they were the torque converter bolts apparently the guy who i bought the engine and transmission was going to split the two and started by taking out the torque converter bolts. thankfully they didn't.

Now I have a drivable 2005 chevy with 69,000 miles. odometer reads 160,000 but I don't care!

Things to remember for anyone that reads this... always check the torque converter bolts, its an easy access cover and always change your timing belt at the recommended mileage.

Mahalo,

Hawaiiaveo