•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *The REAL turbo thread*

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

*The REAL turbo thread*

MoreTau Motorsports Turbo kit*

I will let the full write up be done by the owner/operator of the kit and let him fill you in on details. I can now post one pic to let it be known that I am a man of my word and craftsman ship.(coated parts) Feel free to try and copy manifold but we are redesigning since prototype/mockup to relocate turbo so you as the owners will be happy to hear you will not have to remove radiator fan(OEM) or relocate oil filter etc.
      We spent a total of 3 days mocking kit up, taking measurements, and drinking cold ones to make sure when final product is made it will be easy enough for anybody to bolt on etc.

Proto teaser:

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: *The REAL turbo thread*

reserved post

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

more pictures please

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Well a couple things, why is it kind of off center or tilted? Is that normal and/or efficient for like exhaust balance?

Also how much would that cost about? Or at least the final price? I have a shop waiting for the $ to create the turbo from scratch, but it would save me about 3 weeks and half the price to just have the manifold already made, which makes your work quite appealing since I'm not the one who has to try and come up with the money and time to loan them MY car to design it from scratch, then find myself a rental car and all that stuff, skipping all that will reduce them to just having to install the turbo, reprogram the CPU and make the exhaust system to my specs (and anything else I forgot to add).

P.S. The manifold you are making, does it only work on Garretts or can it work on say a Mitsubishi?

P.P.S. Excellent work, I look forward to chatting with you about getting my hands on your work
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

That header is Awesome! You do some nice work!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

the issues you guys have raised are good ones..

The exhaust manifold was designed by me but final welding by the welder warped slightly. However the new ones will NOT be because jigs will be used with CNC/waterjet cut flanges..

This will be sold as a kit and you would not be that bright not to buy it. I can see you making payments etc which I am sure we can work out. However the design we came up with is superb!

We are working with distributers etc pricing out various parts to lower price so we do not have a total $$$ amount yet.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Well the kit idea is nice but what if I just wanted the headers by themselves? So I could take care of everything else myself? I don't really want something that everyone else has plus I'm kind of attached to using a new Mitsu turbo that I have waiting for me.

I mean just making an extra header and not getting anything else with it would be fine, right?

Let me know the options
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

I think that looks GREAT!!! keep us imformed.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

As far as creating a manifold to suite your mitsu turbo that will be fine as long as your turbo is not internally wastegated..

Otherwise i could put on any turbo inlet flange on for anyone with a turbo already. We plan on using Garret turbos and name brand parts as well.

Basically if you went on your own and bought each part seperately you probably would end up spending more money guaranteed.

An update:

Working on website also that should be up in a week soon to give more info as well.
      Thanks for being patient

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

looks awesome... you should also make plain NA headers!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast