•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy your own car again?

What do you mean there's no turbo? gclark8's Avatar
      Thanks

Would you buy your own car again?

If you saw your AVEO advertised, would you buy it?

Every time I get mine serviced, 12-18 months, or buy petrol, 12 months, I consider selling the car.
      The thought arises, what would I get for it but what would I buy?

As the car is now approaching eight years of age, it still has less than ten thousand kilometres on it and is only worth a few thousand dollars, see My Garage Page for details. Where else could I buy a car with so few miles for such a small price? Is there a better car for a little more?

On a more personal note, I do have vision issues with many wind-shields (separate topic) so I must factor that into any decision to change.

Well back to the topic, would you buy your own car?

Edit: I just noticed the same topic already exists, I must have a short memory: https://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f81/...e-again-22929/

Last edited by gclark8; 12-22-2018 at 12:12 AM.
      no image

Thanks
      I probably would not purchase my Aveo if I saw it for sale unless it was an absolute killer deal. The previous owner of my Aveo abused it pretty badly. The interior was beat up and messy. Crumbs all over the place from a kid in the back, and nearly every interior panel had scratches or gouges in it. Obviously, the engine was not taken care of, thus the reason I got mine so inexpensively. The exterior was actually decent, but definitely not great. If I were to see an ad for my Aveo, I'd probably try to find a nicer one! I'd also rather go for a 2nd gen with the ecotec engine vs the etecII.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Great question/tread!....in Nov 2013 i cash-bought Sir Passed-A-Lot below market price the day it was to go back to auction since, for three months, the dealer could not sell it. It was a repo with very few miles (female owner incarcerated on drug charges), bought @ auction by a very well-known Chevy dealer north of the river (Missouri River) and sold as a CPO with two year extended warranty......no, not a buy at this point in my life. I would buy a contemporary version of what I just sold...a Honda Element 5 spd AWD or since Elements are no longer made; I need a 2018-2019 Subaru Forrester AWD w/6spd manual trans, heavy-loaded with safety options n backup camera since at my age, I ain't got time to heal! I will try to find a new owner who will maintain n appreciate "Sir Passed-A-Lot" when I sell/trade in the spring of 2019. With attention-to detail maintenance, my Aveo has been a fun, trouble-free urban runabout with xlnt mpg.
      Last edited by kcROB; 12-19-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gclark8 View Post
      If you saw your AVEO advertised, would you buy it?

Every time I get mine serviced, 12-18 months, or buy petrol, 12 months, I consider selling the car.
      The thought arises, what would I get for it but what would I buy?

As the car is now approaching eight years of age, it still has less than ten thousand kilometres on it and is only worth a few thousand dollars, see My Garage Page for details. Where else could I buy a car with so few miles for such a small price? Is there a better car for a little more?

On a more personal note, I do have vision issues with many wind-shields (separate topic) so I must factor that into any decision to change.

Well back to the topic, would you buy your own car?
      No, I wouldn't buy another AVEO (see my post), but I will keep on buying Southeastern Australian wine for as long n as often as I can enjoy it. BE WELL!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kcROB View Post
      No, I wouldn't buy another AVEO (see my post),
      but I will keep on buying South Eastern Australian Wine for as long and as often as I can enjoy it.
      BE WELL!
      Excellent taste there, Rob. A number of years back I was given a 1989 bottle of Penfolds Bin 389. It is still stored in a cool place, waiting for a suitable occasion for the un-corkng and drinking!
      However, I personally prefer the local West Australian Wines, better value here in Perth after considering quality, flavour, transport and cost.
      no image

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gclark8 View Post
      Excellent taste there, Rob. A number of years back I was given a 1989 bottle of Penfolds Bin 389. It is still stored in a cool place, waiting for a suitable occasion for the un-corkng and drinking!
      However, I personally prefer the local West Australian Wines, better value here in Perth after considering quality, flavour, transport and cost.
      gclark8, Great to hear from you!! CA wines, the ones I can afford, leave me wanting for a bit more of a robust palate experience. My Malaysian wife has multiple family members that have immigrated to Australia so a trip is in the near future. Stay hydrated as summer weather comes your way, your hemi's longest day this Friday, our shortest due to Earth's tilt of 23.5 degs. I will inquire here to see if western Australian wines are available.....question: on a label of wine, I saw a statement with reference to the "left coast". Is it the east or west coast?
      Last edited by kcROB; 12-20-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
      Looks like we have morphed into a wine topic (AVEO appropriate).
      You may find the aged style of the South Australian Wines more to your palate.
      WA Reds are generally more complex and fresh in their style, although they will age well.
      I guess West is Left, however we say West is Best! (Compass Deviation)
      Like the Wine, Port is Left, no comment about Starboard. (boats and aeroplanes)
      no image

Thanks
      Aveo/wine.... you bet! Sir Passed-A-Lot's trunk is no stranger to one or more cases of cab sav.
      Last edited by kcROB; 12-20-2018 at 09:19 PM.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kcROB View Post
      Great question/tread!....in Nov 2013 i cash-bought Sir Passed-A-Lot below market price the day it was to go back to auction since, for three months, the dealer could not sell it. It was a repo with very few miles (female owner incarcerated on drug charges), bought @ auction by a very well-known Chevy dealer north of the river (Missouri River) and sold as a CPO with two year extended warranty......no, not a buy at this point in my life. I would buy a contemporary version of what I just sold...a Honda Element 5 spd AWD or since Elements are no longer made; I need a 2018-2019 Subaru Forrester AWD w/6spd manual trans, heavy-loaded with safety options n backup camera since at my age, I ain't got time to heal! I will try to find a new owner who will maintain n appreciate "Sir Passed-A-Lot" when I sell/trade in the spring of 2019. With attention-to detail maintenance, my Aveo has been a fun, trouble-free urban runabout with xlnt mpg.
      you planning to buy a new Subaru? or used?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      generally not into wine, don't understand it, but I can discuss moonshine and flavor profiles all day. lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast