•  

Thread: Warranty Rant

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

Warranty Rant

this came to me while I was washing Scootaloo, so if the GM Customer Service Reps are reading this Thread, PLEASE TAKE NOTE. (also, Moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it to the proper one) the GM Emissions Warranty is Pretty much USELESS for 2nd or 3rd Tier Owners like myself. as most people know by now, The Modern Automobile is a Complex Marriage of Mechanical and an increasing number of Electrical and Electronic Components. it is safe to say that Mechanical Failures are rare now in this day and age. 90% of all failures nowadays are Electronic or Electrical in Nature. the GM Emissions Warranty is 8 Years or 80,000 Miles for SELECT Components (I.E the PCM and the Catalytic Converter) and only 2 years or 24,000 miles for a VERY LONG list of Electrical and Electronic Components which are also conveniently NOT covered by the Powertrain Warranty. (but are Covered by the 3/36 Bumper to Bumper Warranty.) unfortunately, most Electrical Component Failures happen Between 36,001 and 100,000 Miles. and the Powertrain Warranty Only covers MECHANICAL Failures. to pretty much put it bluntly, the Electrical Component Warranty Coverage under the GM Emissions Warranty only applies to the First owner, and the 2nd or 3rd owners are Pretty much STUCK paying out of Pocket, even though in some Cases, the Powertrain Warranty is Still Valid with a 2nd or 3rd Owner. (in my case, I am almost Certain that my Downstream Oxygen Sensor is Failing, but the part at the Local GM Dealer is $235, and the Cheapest one I could find at a Parts House is $124 [the rest of the prices at the parts houses are pretty much the SAME PRICE as if I walked into my GM Dealer's Parts Department!])

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Has your car been blowing a code for the downstream ox sensor? I mean any check engine lights or poor running conditions?
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Yep, it's a real PITA when you think the warranty will cover a repair and then it actually does not. One other thing especially annoying on this one is that the O2 sensors on the later years are 3-4 times more expensive than for my '05. What's up with that?

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NYChevoo View Post
      Has your car been blowing a code for the downstream ox sensor? I mean any check engine lights or poor running conditions?
      that would be TWO Codes, a P0137 (O2 sensor B1S2 Low Voltage) and a P2270 (O2 Sensor B1S2 stuck Lean) and its been sucking down gas like its going out of style.

What's wrong with my car? DonnieLukes's Avatar
      813 Goldstream Avenue, Victoria, BC V9B 2X8
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      The problem of over using of gas is the one that I am facing from the day I purchased that car. The after sale service is not so good so it's better that I don't mention it. Need to check those codes now. fort lauderdale auto repair

Last edited by DonnieLukes; 07-20-2013 at 06:59 AM.