•  

View Poll Results: What mods are you most interested in?

Voters
    20. You may not vote on this poll
    • Performance

15 75.00%
    • Cosmetics / Looks

3 15.00%
    • Audio / Video

2 10.00%
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOTE: What mods are you most interested in?

Thanks

VOTE: What mods are you most interested in?

Just curious as to what kind of mods people are planning for the future. I understand a lot of us are probably interested in more than one area. But, what is the most important to you?

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: VOTE: What mods are you most interested in?

Always performance before looks... function should always come before vanity.

It doesn't really matter what kind of performance, though. Not everything has to be fast.. for instance, my truck pulls great, but isn't very quick otherwise. It's a performer, though.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

I'd say I'm fine with where my car's looks are at, as well as audio. Not very interested in video. So as of right now performance (mostly handling and some hp) is what I'm interested in at the moment.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I say performance becuase this little car is so underpowered. I believe it can have way more potential with the right parts.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

I get upset at the fact my car seems to feel liek a wind up toy.. compared to all the other hatches out there that are superbly faster than our aveos...
      2005 LS Hatch 1.6 yellow!
      De-Badged grille
      Flowmaster 60 Series Delta 2 1/2 piping..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rojodiablo
      I get upset at the fact my car seems to feel liek a wind up toy.. compared to all the other hatches out there that are superbly faster than our aveos...
      Not Nemasys' car... Aveo with 2.0L turbocharged... I'd call that an unfair advantage figuring that our cars are much lighter than many cars with that much HP..

By the way, how's ElCentro this time of year? Blue Angels over there practicing their shows?

Thanks

Well, a quick comparison shows that the Aveo is indeed the lowest on the rung for weight/horsepower. Not by a ton, but it is the lowest.

2010 model year...

23.8 lbs/hp - Aveo Sedan
      23.6 lbs/hp - Aveo5
      22.4 lbs/hp - Accent 3dr
      22.2 lbs/hp - Rio
      21.9 lbs/hp - Yaris 5dr
      21.2 lbs/hp - Fit

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

thats couple lbs though really needs to consider the total hp and weight. with it that close, and knowing the aveo is 107 hp (mine) that leads me to believe those cars are all 130 ish.. without looking. But that also leads me to bleive they are all 400 lbs or more heavier?

speed is not only determined by hp, gearing is a factor too. " quickness" is more about gearing, cars lose outon the 6omph time if the gearing requires a 3rd shift. etc..

that said being in the aveo has not stopped me from being one of the fastest cars on the highway typically, i have been able to keep up with cars WAY out of my class.. so what type of driving are you comparing your "wind up toy" to those "superbly faster" ? in the case of the aveo performance is mostly driver maybe you need some practice? can i suggest an autoX school?

I am making most of my own mods (and for others too), but the general "idea" to get more out of this car :

Level one (cheapest) eliminating the restrictive muffler, and then getting better intake (whether k&n drop in, cai, or short ram that is a different debate). After that tires to improve traction and performance and even springs will help you maintain speed through the turns etc so you dont come down in speed, allowing the car to need less hp out of the turn,

Level two (on top of level one) adding the chassis bars for more rigidity, keeps speed up more. using kyb struts (shudder), adding a header (xiaogary, at this point i feel a ram or cai is necessary, dont know anyone matched up to a drop in) and changing the rest of the exhaust to a free flowing 2" or 2.25" if you keep restrictions. Lighter weight wheels to match the aforementioned tires (less rotational mass).

From there there are many directions you can go and it starts to be "custom" and things overlap with things in the other areas, like if you want turbo or and engine swap you dont need the header etc.. But doing those couple things will get you some hp, but more importantly get your into the higher rpms where this car performs so well.

You could port and polish the head, through in some higher compression pistons and get cams from one of the builders on daewootech or xiaogary again, matched to a set of slightly larger injectors (dyno-tuned for reliability) that would potentially yield you somewhere in the 130-140 crank hp range.

i could go on forever.

Thanks

Cool, once I will receive and install the UR bars and xiaogary's header I should be done with level 2.. I think I will be happy with that for a while.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      Well, a quick comparison shows that the Aveo is indeed the lowest on the rung for weight/horsepower. Not by a ton, but it is the lowest.

2010 model year
      Aveo5 - 23.6 lbs/hp
      Aveo Sedan - 23.8 lbs/hp
      Fit - 21.2 lbs/hp
      Yaris 5dr - 21.9 lbs/hp
      Accent 3dr - 22.4 lbs/hp
      Rio - 22.2 lbs/hp
      lbs/hp means didly squat. The only way to compare meaningfully is to measure rolling acceleration... 20-70 for example.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast