•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traxx for times?

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Traxx for times?

Hey, everybody! I got an app for my Blackberry awhile ago... it seems pretty accurate! You can set it to take 1/4 mile times! I drive a 5 spd with NO mods yet... planning several, but I wanted to have some base times to work with! I clocked a few 21's, a couple 22's the first couple times... 23+ once taking off in gravel, which slowed me noticeably, and also indicates accurate readings... and the best and last was 20.96 (You can pull up the THOUSANDTH digit if you email it to yourself, but I haven't done that lately.) I consider 21 secs my pre-mod time. So, I was wondering if anybody else had tried this app, maybe checked for consistency in another way... and also wondering what are some times ya'll have done... especially in stock Aveos! I know 15-18 is common for people with multiple modifications...

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      I'm in the low 13's
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Thanks
      Dang! That's awesome! What'd you spend on the turbo-charge setup? What else do you have done? Post a link to a build thread, and I'll check it out! I'm taking notes offa you, Man! Do you know what you started at? Before any mods? I'm still working on my shifting, but wondering if I'm getting close to average...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      you should be around 18-18.5 secs, but your elevation is super high, I have gotten a 17.2 with just CAI/muffler with a device I have (more info on my build page) I have never ran over a 17.8 though, even on the hottest days, but elevation makes a difference

nemasys, tow trucks are that fast?

i thought you would be at around 15 with the aveo and its new head gasket?

Thanks
      I did see your gadget on your build thread, hunter! (Very Nice ride, altogether! : ) But for ten bucks, even if this is not 100% accurate, it's still way fun! And does seem fairly accurate! I do think the thin air is a factor, as well as the 1st time on a stick shift in 6-7 years. My latest time indicates I'm still improving, even w/o mods...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      thank you

you cant beat that for 10 bucks, the times seem to be about right, I would expect a number of around 19 seconds but close enough

I think i paid likr $40 for the thing I got, tells me G forces and such lmao, a lot of fun to mess around with

Thanks
      Wow, only $40? I priced a similar thing on the Autozone website, and seems like they were all around the $160 to $190 range! For $40, yeah, that's a lot better! But if I had to pay $150 or more... I was thinkin' I'd have to. The app is a cost efficient alternative. So I could save my $ for a CAI & underdrive pulley! Still fun, though! Even if I only get my "Traxx time" down to the 19's.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo_Joe View Post
      Dang! That's awesome! What'd you spend on the turbo-charge setup? What else do you have done? Post a link to a build thread, and I'll check it out! I'm taking notes offa you, Man! Do you know what you started at? Before any mods? I'm still working on my shifting, but wondering if I'm getting close to average...
      Turbo kit was around $1200 for pretty much everything, but thats only because i got the blow-off valve (HKS SSQV), wastegate (OBX 38mm) and AEM wideband off some1 parting out his own kit (all 3 brand new for $275, needless to say i jumped on right right away!!)

The car also has a complete 2.0L engine swap with the transmission, ECU, all the works. (that one cost me an arm!)

I never really tried the 2.0 setup without the turbo on the 1/4, maybe once or twice i think it ran mid 16's, back then i had sensor problems with the 2.0 ecu and im sure it didnt ran at 100% potencial. I dont have official times with the turbo either its estimated mid to low 13's only because i tried with a friend of mine with a boosted MX3 and he constantly runs very low 13's and we were pretty much side by side.

I will bring it to the track this summer and have some timeslips. I know hunter masturbates thinking about this!
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3

- FMIC with 2.5" piping

Thanks
      Car looks like this:

Interior:

Engine bay:
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3

- FMIC with 2.5" piping

Thanks
      Sweet! That interior rocks, nemasys! I seriously may look into turbo some time in the future! Of the three things you mentioned; ecu, transmission, and engine swap... are any or all of those necessary to use turbo? Especially the ecu; I read one post saying it was...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast