•  

Thread: Stripping a 2005 Chevy Aveo LS, 50k miles, selling parts cheap!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Stripping a 2005 Chevy Aveo LS, 50k miles, selling parts cheap!

Hello all,
      My daughter was gifted a 2005 Chevy Aveo LS by her grandmother when she passed away last year. She was super excited to drive her first car. Unfortunately, before we could get the car from Missouri down to Florida, her uncle wrecked it. Now we are looking to part out this car so she can use the money to buy another car.

The car is in Missouri right now, but her uncle is planning to drive it down here during spring break. At that time, I will be stripping it and selling parts. I am looking at putting parts up on eBay, but I figured some of you might be interested in some of the parts, especially if you are fairly close and can pick up the larger parts.

The car was hit in the passenger side b pillar, so both passenger side doors are ruined, but everything else is good. The car has only around 50k miles on it. It was literally an old lady's car who only drove it the library and the grocery store. We are located in Northwest Florida, near the Pensacola, FL/Mobile, AL area.

I am posting now to see if there is any interest in the body panels, engine, transmission, glass, etc. I will be bumping this post or making a new one when the car gets here. I'll have pictures and everything too (I have some pictures now, but They are buried in my phone's storage. I can post some later if anyone wants them).

So, what do you all think? Leave a comment, or send me a message if there's anything you are interested in so far.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Good luck on the strip down. you need to note is this an sedan or the hatchback.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ScrappingDad View Post
      Hello all,
      My daughter was gifted a 2005 Chevy Aveo LS by her grandmother when she passed away last year. She was super excited to drive her first car. Unfortunately, before we could get the car from Missouri down to Florida, her uncle wrecked it. Now we are looking to part out this car so she can use the money to buy another car.

The car is in Missouri right now, but her uncle is planning to drive it down here during spring break. At that time, I will be stripping it and selling parts. I am looking at putting parts up on eBay, but I figured some of you might be interested in some of the parts, especially if you are fairly close and can pick up the larger parts.

The car was hit in the passenger side b pillar, so both passenger side doors are ruined, but everything else is good. The car has only around 50k miles on it. It was literally an old lady's car who only drove it the library and the grocery store. We are located in Northwest Florida, near the Pensacola, FL/Mobile, AL area.

I am posting now to see if there is any interest in the body panels, engine, transmission, glass, etc. I will be bumping this post or making a new one when the car gets here. I'll have pictures and everything too (I have some pictures now, but They are buried in my phone's storage. I can post some later if anyone wants them).

So, what do you all think? Leave a comment, or send me a message if there's anything you are interested in so far.
      Hey I need the interior door handles and the cup holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
      What does the clock and radio look like? Can you take pictures and email them to me?
      dfnice@hotmail.com

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      ScrappingDad, "Sir Passed-A-Lot could use a pair of ( NOT TOO WORN) grey front passenger n driver's) side floor mats for a 2011 sedan. I'm not totally sure the floor config of ur 2005 is the same, but the fit can't be too far off. Roll the pair in brown paper/cardboard, duct tape n give me a price. If not sure about the condition being acceptable, shoot me a close-up of each mat. My email is: robert22700@hotmail.com I live in the south west corner of Grandview (south Kansas City) near the Kansas sateline. Thnx!! I believe it would be best until after Christmas to ship...mid Jan to mid Feb would be safer/more efficient. Mark 'em SOLD!
      Added...I don't need the rear mats, but if you want to include them with the front mats for one money, I will give them a good home. LMK
      Last edited by kcROB; 12-14-2018 at 05:38 PM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      will you cut out the strut towers and ship them up north?

Find Aveo How-to's at my blog. http://aveodiy.blogspot.com/
      Timing belt replacement how-to with photos and more....