•  

Thread: Speedo and clock are not correct

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Speedo and clock are not correct

Has anyone else had the same experience? My 08 clock is off time by 3 minutes and the speedo is off the same. My 07 is off 4 minutes and the speedo is off 4 as well. Yes I have tried to reset them but it doesn't take long before their both off again. Obviously it isn't just one car as they both act the same. One other quirk. In a cross wind on the highway both left front windows on both cars hoot! It is not one steady noise it sounds like a hooting owl! I have been lazy as a pull on both door frames would fix the problem

I'll keep it and add a turbo festersays's Avatar
      Thanks
      It's clear that your aveo is capable of time travel..

Just kidding. My speedo is also off a little, but I don't pay enough attention to the clock to know if it's off or not. Even if it is, it's not hard to just hit the buttons to fix it quick. I'm pretty sure that other people have had the 'hooting' problem with strong winds too.

You're not alone, brother!

vtg
      Thanks
      I am wondering how a speedometer could possibly be off by three minutes? My speedo reads about 3 km/hour faster than my GPS shows and I guess the GPS would be the more accurate device. This is with 195/55 R15 tires installed. When I purchased the car used, it had 195/50 R15 tires on it and the speedo was reading 110 Km/hour when the GPS was showing 101 km/hour so at least I got it a bit closer with the new tires. I just noticed that howling sound you mentioned this evening in my 2006 Aveo. It was the first time I had driven it in a mean crosswind and the sound had me mystified as it does not seem like your typical wind noise, but I guess it is for an Aveo.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

speedometer/clock

Quote Originally Posted by vtg View Post
      I am wondering how a speedometer could possibly be off by three minutes? My speedo reads about 3 km/hour faster than my GPS shows and I guess the GPS would be the more accurate device. This is with 195/55 R15 tires installed. When I purchased the car used, it had 195/50 R15 tires on it and the speedo was reading 110 Km/hour when the GPS was showing 101 km/hour so at least I got it a bit closer with the new tires. I just noticed that howling sound you mentioned this evening in my 2006 Aveo. It was the first time I had driven it in a mean crosswind and the sound had me mystified as it does not seem like your typical wind noise, but I guess it is for an Aveo.
      I used the police speed monitor to gauge my speed. I just set my clock due to a new battery so I'll let you know if it changes. Tire size is 195/55/15.