•  

Thread: some people just MAKE ME MAD Sometimes...

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

some people just MAKE ME MAD Sometimes...

over on GM-Trucks.com, there is a rather Heated Debate going on about the new 2015 Ford F-150; and I had mentioned that the Cost for the 3.5L Ecoboost Engine is a couple of Grand more than Scoots' Blue Book Value (scoots BBV is $6,100 and the Ecoboost engine is $8,022) and one of the people involved with the discussion said THIS about our Cars:

And about your aveo, I'm sorry your korean car doesn't hold value. Maybe next time try buying american?
      now if he had said that HERE, I think he would be seeing a fair amount of VERY ANGRY Aveo Owners, and would be Run out of our Forums Wild West Style!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      There are a lot of people that hate the Aveo with a passion, I will never understand why, so yeah nothing new. Ironically the F-150 is probably built in Mexico with parts from China and Canada

Isn't the ecoboost un-American as well? Gotta have the V8!
      Last edited by thehunterooo; 12-28-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      And about your aveo, I'm sorry your korean car doesn't hold value. Maybe next time try buying American?
      now if he had said that HERE, I think he would be seeing a fair amount of VERY ANGRY Aveo Owners, and would be Run out of our Forums Wild West Style!
      Yeah, it's not like the company bought the entire factory and design because they did not realize that gas prices will go sky high and kill big ass truck and SUV sales. So when gas goes back up to four plus, I am going to laughing my ass off. I had heard that SUV sales has gone up again because gas prices are down low. Get real, gas will swing up to 3.50+ this summer.

Personally I like my small car, it's cheap. Granted it may not have held it's value (this sucks when moding) but it also means that replacements are cheap to come by. I love buying parts that are low in cost (cheap again) and when you go buy something for a truck that has broken, I am sure that $400 plus part bill is going to hurt.

Cheap cars <- means it' cheaper to run.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Yeah most my buddies that drive trucks, don't tend to care much for 'econo boxes' nor would they ever be caught seen riding in one, which in my old mind is pretty friggin lame. Now I drive a truck too, it has it's uses and is an extremely reliable rig, and has held it's value for over three decades now, but that's my truck, it's not my economy car. The Aveo suits it's intended purpose rather well, although not an 'ego centric' enough rig by truck fan boys apparently. To each his own, live and let live?

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 06T200 View Post
      that's my truck, it's not my economy car. The Aveo suits it's intended purpose rather well, although not an 'ego centric' enough rig by truck fan boys apparently. To each his own, live and let live?
      I have a truck too, ironically I had to ride a bicycle and buy my aveo when gas went 4 dollars plus. Love my truck, it's getting me around these days (still modding the aveo) and I only drive when I need a truck. Otherwise my aveo takes me places!
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      owning both the aver and the f150 (which is one of the most american us built trucks, coming from Dearborn, Mich., and Claycomo, Mo.)

I have to say, dollar for dollar. A $12000 aveo still being worth half of its original value after 5 years isn't bad. thats only a $6000 loss.. My f150 have a sticker price of nearly $40,000 in 2009. I bought it last summer for $13,000. That worth double what my aveo is but it cost close to 4x originally, thats a loss of about $26,000 in value.

I think the aveo being a korean built chevy shows how bad chevy really is, but you won't convince a bunch of mexican built truck owners to think that korea with its college educated working class (about the same levels as the US) compared to mexico.

some reading..
      http://faculty.washington.edu/sangok/education.PDF

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Comparing an F150 to an Aveo is like comparing midgets giraffes to purple dishwashers.

2004 Aveo beater car
      2005 Aveo LT. 5-speed beater car (DOA)

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      You can compare cost and depreciation of anything.. if you think of it as an investment of money.

You could compare a pack of cheese to gold if you only look at cost and depreciation.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Meh, I agree with em in principle, but I wouldn't buy American and I don't care about resale value. So says the guy with three GM products right now...