•  

Thread: Smashed Bumper.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Smashed Bumper.....

SO I rear ended someone last night and the front end of my Aveo5 is hurting. The plastic bumper itself is going to run me about $350 painted from Chevy. But the bumper beam, the black one that took the impact is bent, causing the mounts for the plastic pumper to not align right. I was wondering if Chevy reused the bumper beam from older Aveos? Mine is a 2009 Aveo5 and I didn't know if I can try to look for the bumper beam out of an older Aveo. IDK what it would cost from factory for a new one but obviously I m looking to save as much money as possible.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by djeepmyers View Post
      The plastic bumper itself is going to run me about $350 painted from Chevy.
      I've been happy with price and quality from partstrain.com. Looks like the preprimed cover for a 2009 is about $66 plus shipping (about $41 raw). Should be able to find a shop that will paint it at OEM grade for $150 or less - though will depend on your location. They also have the bumper reinforcement for about $44. Seems like you could probably get the whole thing done for a bit less than what the dealer is quoting for the cover alone.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by rodo View Post
      I've been happy with price and quality from partstrain.com. Looks like the preprimed cover for a 2009 is about $66 plus shipping (about $41 raw). Should be able to find a shop that will paint it at OEM grade for $150 or less - though will depend on your location. They also have the bumper reinforcement for about $44. Seems like you could probably get the whole thing done for a bit less than what the dealer is quoting for the cover alone.

This is REALLY helpful. My uncle has a paint booth large enough for a whole car SO I will only need to pay for the paint. I just ordered a bumper beam from ebay for $100 shipped. and I will more than likely order the bumper plastic from there thank you!!!

Thanks
      unfortunately I only see the rear bumper for my model available from partstrain.....

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by djeepmyers View Post
      unfortunately I only see the rear bumper for my model available from partstrain.....
      Sorry - missed the key detail about being Aveo5. I've used partsgeek.com as a backup, but their primed front cover lists at about $167, which is probably pretty close to the price for OEM at gmdiscountparts.com or other on-line GM parts houses.