•  

Thread: Seat covers for 2010 Aveo5

Wants moh powah
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Seat covers for 2010 Aveo5

What do you have for seat covers? I just got a puppy and he'll probably be going with me quite a bit and will at times be wet and/or muddy. I'm looking for a good fitting durable set of seat covers. I may just take the back seat out if I can't find a good set of seat covers for a reasonable price.

I'm thinking about CalTrend or Wet Okole, but I really don't want to shell out $500.

Any suggestions?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Are you handy? you can buy a wet suit type material and just wrap the seat. the way to folds forward if you tucked it like a foot each way and then locked it down// smoothed it out it would stay in place.. same with the back, pull ii through between the cushions and under the seat bottom before you loco it down, then leave a foot or more hanging over the back..

wouldnt necessarily be a cover, but might only be $30-40

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wylee View Post
      What do you have for seat covers? I just got a puppy and he'll probably be going with me quite a bit and will at times be wet and/or muddy. I'm looking for a good fitting durable set of seat covers. I may just take the back seat out if I can't find a good set of seat covers for a reasonable price. I'm thinking about CalTrend or Wet Okole, but I really don't want to shell out $500.

Any suggestions?
      I have a 2009 Aveo5. Here's what I do: Leave both rear seats folded down as a cargo area when not in use as seats. (This will give you better rear view visibility as well.) Get an old piece of carpet and cut it to the same size as the area of the folded rear seats. Or in my case I found a small, cheap oriental rug that is the same width; I just fold it over to reduce the length of it, and it fits that area perfectly. If your doggy co-pilot is like mine he might want to ride in the front seat - for that seat, simply putting down an old bath towel will suffice to keep the seat bottom clean.

Now if you ever think of a way to eliminate doggy nose marks on the windows (short of rolling the windows down), let me know.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      ^^pics of the doggy co-pilot!~ my pugs ride pilot, but i make them go 2 the passenger side.

as for advice on the dog
      how big will the dog be? not sure where u can get rubber mats. tho my dad has 1 and he cut it in place for his car.
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by oscare003 View Post
      ^^pics of the doggy co-pilot!~ my pugs ride pilot, but i make them go 2 the passenger side.

as for advice on the dog
      how big will the dog be? not sure where u can get rubber mats. tho my dad has 1 and he cut it in place for his car.
      A large rubber mat isn't bad, but it may tend to slide a bit. Also your dog will prefer fabric because not only is it more pleasant to lie on, it also will retain his scent.

A piece of old carpet works great - costs almost nothing and is easily replaceable.