•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollin Down the street in my 'Veo...

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Rollin Down the street in my 'Veo...

Hey guys whats up? 19 y/o college kiddo here w/ a '05 Auto 4dr Chevy Aveo.. its my favorite color Royal Blue (or true blue) and im sick n tired of being told i have a gurl car... I've had it for about 8 months now, but just now getting serious about modding it as its just now set in that i am going to have to keep this car for at least another year or so to build up enough credit, and bank to upgrade...im soo glad i found this site tho cuz u guys seem to have or able to obtain just about all info regarding our economic lil compaq...

so expect plently of questions from me, thus far i have a sound system, 2 12in subs boxed in trunk, 500 watt amp under driver seat..2 kicker door speakers in front, one on each side, and 2 kicker 6x9s in the back window... Kenwood CD player, kinda of old now as it was out of my 97 chevy cavalier ls drop top.. that was totaled bak in H.S. ...

Externally I just got an chrome exhaust yesterday, got from a custom muffler shop in Mansfield (yes Texas), i dont speak spanglish so i didn't get a brand, but im not to concerned about that at the moment, got a nice lil rumble to it, i think it sounds perfect as it doesn;t sound like i have more power than i actually do, which is what i want...

I saw the post for the Short Ram CAI, and i was thinking about trying it seeing that i could do it in my dad's shop wit his supervision so i don't f*ck my set up, but not at the top of the list right now, seeing that the only real way to boost actuall power (from info i have been able to find) seems to be just an engine swap, which i am not really looking to do at the moment i think i might just stick to cosmetic upgrades for now, but if there are some mods i can make that arent ridiculous in cost then lemme know...

Didnt wanna be a moocher so i thought i contribute this ebay store i found, they have 15 in racing wheels that should fit the Aveo, pretty good price on them, seems reasonable: http://stores.ebay.com/Sparktec-Wheels_ ... 2BI%252BSS

i was thinking about getting the black ones, seeing how i will most like paint the aveo black to shake the gurl car look, although it is my fav color right now, i still think it will look better in black...

okay last thing to avoid rambling, but seeing that the Kalos kit conversion seems to be a bit of a hassle for now, is the Razzi kit the only way to go w/o having to settle for universal kits? IF so does anyone know pricing, and will it fit the sedan cuz i've only seen pics of it on the 5 dr.

and as much as i brag about having a chevy, America's Favorite Brand our car is still an import, so dont call me a ricer if i express ideas or mods that i want that take my car in that direction... plz and thanks

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: Rollin Down the street in my 'Veo...

welcome, and fire away with the questions, just please search first, lol

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Yup, welcome. I see you are only about 4 hours from me (now the closest Aveo forum member to DLSpeed and Aftermarket Aveo!). I am currently looking for a test car for the turbo kit we are developing, so if you ever get a free weekend and want to come up, we'll make you a hell of a deal on the test kit...

We also have several other parts we need a test car for if you are interested... Best way to get "dirt cheap mods"...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Is everyone telling you "you have a girl's car" your age by any chance? If so, don't listen to them. Car's in this price range, from 5k to 35k, aren't show stoppers. They are meant to drive you from point A to point B. These people will look back in a couple years telling you made a smart decision concerning your car, economy and fuel prices.

BTW, welcome to the site.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

yea gurl car comments pretty much come from peers, peers wit civics, or trucks, remember i am in texas, so that hott thing down here is Trucks, big trucks, so my luv for small compaq cars is constantly questioned, by girls especially, "why dont u drive a truck, thats soo hot", i am sick of hearing that, f*cks, they get in the way, i would love to see someone in a truck whip thru traffic w/o clipping anyone or making someone else have to swerve... anyways Xtreme, according to yahoo maps from my house you are: Trip distance: 321.93 miles Time: 4 hrs 52 mins away, making me the closest aveoclub member..woot! but uhh any updates on the body kit, like will they fit the sedan, everybdy here that has pics of kits have them on the 5 dr..oh yea daniel i found the site a couple of days ago and read thru as many back-post as i could just for a reference, but umm i noticed if u go back a page like on general discussion it said post no longer exist, i figured this was just to clear server space... thanks for the welcomes guys!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Yo! King dude welcome to the site. This site is full of nice people to help you. You want to mod your car, go to aftermarketaveo.com. Start shopping! lol
      2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan (manual tranny)
      Adding water to oil does NOT clean your engine, It reshapes connecting rods.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_King
      yea gurl car comments pretty much come from peers, peers wit civics, or trucks, remember i am in texas, so that hott thing down here is Trucks, big trucks, so my luv for small compaq cars is constantly questioned, by girls especially, "why dont u drive a truck, thats soo hot"...
      And when fuel prices go up 1 dollar a gallon this summer, they'll be whining, you'll be cruisin'. I know how everything is Texas is bigger, but just wait...
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

congrats on the choice of car but theres not much hope for it if you got the auto and there are a couple body kits available check out gravanatuning.com but none of them fit the sedan youll have to get a custom rear bumper and sideskirts
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

welcome! i have people talking about my car but i love how i can fill it up with only $25 at $3.15! lol.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathan06a
      welcome! i have people talking about my car but i love how i can fill it up with only $25 at $3.15! lol.
      I agree! The only thing better on gas is my Motorcycle so I'm pretty happy about that. (that and power to wieght ratio...one seat in my Aveo is heaven on wheels! at least I could take off faster than with all that extra weight!)

Welcome to the site!

"A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast