•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recall Fears...

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

Recall Fears...

well, GM has just announced another Recall of some of their latest products (here is a link of where I found the article in question 2014 Chevy Malibu, Buick LaCrosse recalled over brake mix-up - Autoblog) and this has got me worried: so far, they've recalled the HHR, the Cobalt, the Solstice, the Sky, the Ion, the Malibu, the Lacrosse, the Aura, and the Silverado/Sierra Twins for Safety Recalls (and the ones for the Massive Ignition Recall fall right into the timeframe of 2004-2011, which we all know is the Era of Our Cars!). What if Our Aveos/G3s/Waves/Barinas/Lovas/Swift+es are next on the Safety Recall list!?

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Depends on how the recall is handled. I have a good bit of money tied up in my car, I won't be happy if it's something they can't fix. (unless they hand me something nicer)
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      well, GM has just announced another Recall of some of their latest products (here is a link of where I found the article in question 2014 Chevy Malibu, Buick LaCrosse recalled over brake mix-up - Autoblog) and this has got me worried: so far, they've recalled the HHR, the Cobalt, the Solstice, the Sky, the Ion, the Malibu, the Lacrosse, the Aura, and the Silverado/Sierra Twins for Safety Recalls (and the ones for the Massive Ignition Recall fall right into the timeframe of 2004-2011, which we all know is the Era of Our Cars!). What if Our Aveos/G3s/Waves/Barinas/Lovas/Swift+es are next on the Safety Recall list!?
      I wondered about the same thing. After all, the Aveo is probably the cheapest product that GM makes nowadays. (Cheaper than the HHR, the Cobalt, the Solstice, the Sky, the Ion, the Malibu, the Lacrosse, the Aura, and the Silverado/Sierra, as you mentioned.)

Then I thought: why hasn't the Aveo been affected by these other broad recalls? One reason might be that there are probably more Aveos distributed worldwide than all those other models combined. It's such a rudimentary car that maybe they got the fundamentals right. Time will tell...

Just don't expect an Aveo to run well or expect minor accessories to work reliably, however. Also the suspension is as lacking in sophistication as a go-kart.

Actually I don't worry about recalls. My experience with the Aveo (and with Chevy dealers) is that they can try to avoid and resist doing warranty work. But they can't decline doing a mandated recall.

The new GM = Government Motors, since the government owns more than 50% of it. Probably the only good thing about it is that since the old GM went out of business, the Government now owns it. And the Federal Government isn't going out of business.
      Last edited by Thymeclock; 05-10-2014 at 02:24 AM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Then I thought: why hasn't the Aveo been affected by these other broad recalls? One reason might be that there are probably more Aveos distributed worldwide than all those other models combined. It's such a rudimentary car that maybe they got the fundamentals right. Time will tell...

....or maybe because it was made by Koreans (Daewoo) and the only work done by GM was the emblems and that was probably farmed out to Korea as well. I'm thinking we are probably safe.

Thanks
      Well, GM Just Recalled EVEN MORE Cars and Trucks; and again, some of them fall RIGHT in to Our Aveo Era! here's the Article in Question: GM to recall another 2.42 million vehicles

Its only a matter of time before GM Recalls Our Cars as well from some Dangerous Safety Defect.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      the safety recall on my truck is for the side air bags, when I started driving none of these existed, n Im really not worried about it n will continue to shop GM in the future

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey there,

Please feel free to send us a private message if you have questions or concerns regarding any recalls. We will be glad to assist you all. Thank you.

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Welp, My WORST FEARS just Got COMFIRMED; about 218,000 of us are about to get the Dreaded Recall Letter of Doom: GM adds 218,000 older small cars to growing recall list | Reuters

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      i literally just made another thread about it lol

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      i literally just made another thread about it lol
      but this thread is ongoing; but I hope they Don't Expand the Recall to include the 09-11s...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast