•  
    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Please Help! Stalling, violent idle, no acceleration

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      So I can't give myself to give up on this car with so few miles... It's just sitting in my garage now that I have a replacement but I'd like it out and running. I recently retried the fuel pressure test at the recommendation of a local mechanic who said the pump may be priming but not maintaining pressure after. It primed to 50psi ran it's normal 10 seconds and died with the Gage still at 50psi. Does that mean the fuel pump is good?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      My 2007 acted a lot like this and it turned out to be the throttle body needing replaced. The computer threw so many freaking codes it ran like crap would idle surged all over the place trying to idle.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by EyeintheSky View Post
      My 2007 acted a lot like this and it turned out to be the throttle body needing replaced. The computer threw so many freaking codes it ran like crap would idle surged all over the place trying to idle.
      Is there a way to test the throttle body? My car is not throwing any codes to reference

Thanks
      I have a 2004 Aveo LS sedan with 41,000 miles on it. It was purchased new. One of the first in CT I think. Ordered in Jan. of 2004 and didnÂ’t arrive here until May! Has every factory option. Great little car with really no major problems.

A few questions, I have never really had great gas mileage with this car? My 2010 Ford Escape 4 cyl. AWD gets better mileage! I have read here that others have talked about all different spark plugs for good mileage, but everyone seems to have a different opinion. Is there one that I should definitely try? I think the car is very peppy.

A long time ago, the key in ignition and headlights on buzzer stopped working. ANY clue where would be a good place to start. I have been told several times that there must be a short somewhere but nobody seems to want to take the time to find it.

Lastly, for now, I THINK the “head gasket” is leaking oil because it looks wet there. I have not seen any oil spots on the ground but I can smell it when I drive it.

Thank you for any advice you can give me. 👍👍🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by fastdriver View Post
      I have a 2004 Aveo LS sedan with 41,000 miles on it. It was purchased new. One of the first in CT I think. Ordered in Jan. of 2004 and didnÂ’t arrive here until May! Has every factory option. Great little car with really no major problems.

A few questions, I have never really had great gas mileage with this car? My 2010 Ford Escape 4 cyl. AWD gets better mileage! I have read here that others have talked about all different spark plugs for good mileage, but everyone seems to have a different opinion. Is there one that I should definitely try? I think the car is very peppy.

A long time ago, the key in ignition and headlights on buzzer stopped working. ANY clue where would be a good place to start. I have been told several times that there must be a short somewhere but nobody seems to want to take the time to find it.

Lastly, for now, I THINK the “head gasket” is leaking oil because it looks wet there. I have not seen any oil spots on the ground but I can smell it when I drive it.

Thank you for any advice you can give me. 路*♂️路*♂️路*♂️

Why not create your own thread rather than posting on my troubleshooting thread?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      One other thing, I disconnected the crankshaft position sensor and tested the wires leading to the car. with key on engine off, 2 of the wires read exactly 2.5 volts and the 3rd wire was ground (verified through continuity). Are those normal readings? I was expecting a 12v feed, signal, and ground but am not super familiar with this cars wiring.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chrisj4269 View Post
      Why not create your own thread rather than posting on my troubleshooting thread?
      Sorry, I have not posted here in ages and didn’t realize that I was posting in your site or your area. I’ll have to see how I start a separate thread.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by fastdriver View Post
      Sorry, I have not posted here in ages and didn’t realize that I was posting in your site or your area. I’ll have to see how I start a separate thread.
      No worries, it happens!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chrisj4269 View Post
      One other thing, I disconnected the crankshaft position sensor and tested the wires leading to the car. with key on engine off, 2 of the wires read exactly 2.5 volts and the 3rd wire was ground (verified through continuity). Are those normal readings? I was expecting a 12v feed, signal, and ground but am not super familiar with this cars wiring.

Seems like you’ve been through the wringer with this issue, reading through the thread it appears things went downhill after the camshaft sensor replacement.

I’m not familiar with the 2007 wiring but check this link , it may have relevance to your issue.
      https://electronics.stackexchange.co...ab-environment

Cheers

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by JB_Fraser View Post
      Seems like you’ve been through the wringer with this issue, reading through the thread it appears things went downhill after the camshaft sensor replacement.

I’m not familiar with the 2007 wiring but check this link , it may have relevance to your issue.
      https://electronics.stackexchange.co...ab-environment

Cheers
      Yes you are correct. After the cam sensor the car ran fine for about 48 hours then the real issues began. I should not that since they happened, I have replaced the cam sensor once again with another new GM sensor. I have also replaced the whole PCM since then. Do you know where I should begin looking for a bad wire or anything?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast