•  

Thread: newbie here!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

newbie here!

:P just wanted to introduce myself to the group, just bought a '04 aveo sedan (red) 5 spd. gotta say i love this car! just curious though, wat does "ls " mean? wat kind of oil and oil filters do ya'll use? i live in texas where the weather is usually very warm. and what kind of coolant do these cars use? mine didnt have an owners manual, so i want to change the oil and do a flush, then the plugs. i hear that ngk iridiums are good as well as e3's. hopefully i'll get some type of responce here. that other forum is for crap, do one answers ur posts. i just want tot keep this lil car stock, no big mods, no racing. just want a good lil car, good milage. thanks moondog p.s one more thing...do these cars have an inside cabin air filter for the a/c?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: newbie here!

welcome! wat part of texas u in?
      LS is the trim level.
      as for the other questions... i don't know lol.

Thanks

thanks for the response...i'm in deep south texas, rio grande valley! lately i've been seeing a whole lot more aveos on the road here. pretty kool car.

Thanks

welcome to the boards.
      i use mobil 1 synthetic in mine, and for the oil filter i use fram. you shouldn't have to flush the radiator unless your aveo has more then 100,000 miles on it, but if u want to you can use Dex-Cool.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

welcome

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

welcome moondog. i'm pretty new here myself,and one thing i have learned is that the group here really loves their aveo's, and everyone is very knowledgeable, and very nice.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks

thanks for the welcome guys, i can see why everyone seems to like the aveo. i fell in love with it after i rented one for a week (hatchback) after that i went and bought one. as far as the oil is concerned, i'm trying to stay away from synth. and just go with a good regular oil designed for small cars. and the fram oil filter...i tend to hear alot of horror stories about fram. to be honest with you i have used fram on all my other cars for a long time and have never had a problem with it. the reason i asked about the coolant was because since i just got the car, i wanted to do a lot of preventive maintenence, and i looked in the coolant resivior thingy and it looked like it was just clear water. well anyway thanks for the imput.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Welcome Moondog. I agree with you on the synthetic, overkill. I just use whatever name brand is on sale. Quaker state has been it lately at 9.97 for 5qts. I have heard stories about fram too, usually from the guys who buy synthetic oil, but used them many many times with no problem. I think if they were as bad as some people say they would be bankrupt. that being said I have been using an AC/DELCO PF47 for mine. Wal-mart sells them for around 3.50. Buy a coolant tester,looks like a turkey baster, from wal-mart too and test you coolant

Thanks

welcome to the club!! heres my input.

I use the fram oil filters and I haven't had any problems so far. I do use synthetic oil in mine and I don't see why not. But since you use regular, I would use Penzoil or castrol. hook it up with either a k&n or spectre air filter, costs a lil bit but I def say its worth it. you might actually wanna slap a cone filter on. increase your gas mileage by about 5-6 with that...

enjoy!
      I am NOT a race car driver.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moondog
      :P just wanted to introduce myself to the group, just bought a '04 aveo sedan (red) 5 spd. gotta say i love this car! just curious though, wat does "ls " mean? wat kind of oil and oil filters do ya'll use? i live in texas where the weather is usually very warm. and what kind of coolant do these cars use? mine didnt have an owners manual, so i want to change the oil and do a flush, then the plugs. i hear that ngk iridiums are good as well as e3's. hopefully i'll get some type of responce here. that other forum is for crap, do one answers ur posts. i just want tot keep this lil car stock, no big mods, no racing. just want a good lil car, good milage. thanks moondog p.s one more thing...do these cars have an inside cabin air filter for the a/c?
      Welcome moondog...

you'll find by searching the site a couple of your questions have been answered, but because you're new we'll let it slide and I'll answer them in short for for you..."ls" is the trim level, whatever oil filter they put in at the oil change joint, dex-cool will do you just fine, iridiums seem to be the leader among Aveo owners, yes, there is an inside cabin air filter, under and behind the glove box.

Enjoy the site...

Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518