•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy w a few ?'s (adding air conditioning, cruise)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

new guy w a few ?'s (adding air conditioning, cruise)

Newbie to an Aveo, but not to cars or forums. Got an 09 hatch (special value model in silver) and man this thing is Spartan.

Have been reading up on the site and planning to do several things like the Cruise switch add etc. Read the older threads but didn't see any confirmation on one done for an 09. anyone? same switch part number?

AC....well since 'AC' is not searchable and 'Air Conditioning' doesn't show much, do we have anyone who has successfully added AC? I DO have the AC prep option (so dealers can install) so I'm figuring maybe a compressor, condensor, evaporator core and some lines? Can get some parts (like the condensor) cheap so figured I might be able to do it. Anyone know a parts list or numbers, or if say a 2007 condensor would work for my 2009?

Fog lights..09's have a nice little front dam with round cutouts, anyone know a good set that will fit?

lot's more but I'm already pushing it for my first thread, will have to start posting topics in the appropriate tech sections. Anyhow glad to be here and BTW got my brandy new 09 for 6k + a clunker (just under 7k w/tax reg etc out the door) :P

First one to Identify my other car in my Avatar gets a cookie....

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: new guy w a few ?'s

according to my car: for the AC you need only the compressor, bracket, bolts, the 3 A/C lines, pressure switch, and controls.

look on your firewall just inside your passenger strut tower, there expansion valve going into the evaporator should be there.
      also look under the center of your bumper you should see the condensor and dryer. (my car has both)

I also just last tuesday when i picked up the chrome rings and such to add the fog lights, had them cross reference the compressor with the earlier cars, and it has the same part number (mean a rebuilt one for $100 instead of the $600 at the dealer.. Although he could not confirm the mounting bracket (separate piece) was the same ( and i haven't checked to see if it was on the car as a complete accessory bracket or not). but the old lines will work too.

buy the factory fog lights to put in, and then run your own relayed harness. the lights are @ $60 each side from GMpartsdistributor.com and then the chrome rings to make it look factory are another $30.

I have not looked in to the cruise, i like driving too much but i will be getting around to it soon enough.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

This would be very useful for me as well, I bought the car without AC and would like to install myself

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Not sure if they fit the 09, but the A/C factory kits are on ebay from time to time...around 900, but sometimes they have best offer deal.

One good thing about a spartan car is there is not that much to break!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

if you buy the rebuilt compressor, and all the other parts listed in that kit separately, it comes out to @ $500.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      i got my compressor bolted up and control switch swap done on inside, and larger belt on etc ,,i have big hands and arms ,,and no matter how i try i cant get my lines in right posistion ,,at least not passenger sidee ones that lie next to rad core
      i tryd two hrs even removd airbox and passenger headlight ,,,,im thinking im gonna have to remove nose ,,guys how would u run the a/c lines ,,i have no rack to lift with i dont think rack is gonna help here ?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      where are you trying to run them? i would connect the ends and then lat the route, if that makes sense.

Thanks
      ok great what do u mean ,,u really dont have enough flex in em to make it easy ,,im thinking if i remove nose it will be easier

Thanks
      lol u arent that far away ,,why dont u drive an hr ands 20 min and assist me ,,then me and my lady will take u out for a great meal

Thanks
      i know my pump is working caus i had holes in it plugd off to keep out debri and plug on pressure side popped out aftr drivn car around
      so ,,this kinda makes me think cars with install air optopm (evap and condensor)dont need computer hit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast