Just wanted to say hello. I had a 2000 Mazda 626 that the transmission went out on last week. I was not in a position to buy a new car, but was able to take advantage of the government rebate + a hail damage discount to purchase a 2009 Aveo5 1LT, with the power package upgrade - final sales price $8,400, with 0% for 5 years!

It is the cosmic silver, with slight hail damage to the roof and hood. I have purchased a new, GM stock roof rack on ebay to hide the roof dings, but will probably try to have the hood repaired (how much could that possibly be considering how small the Aveo hood is?!)

I also plan to purchase an aftermarket rear spoiler http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT on ebay to spruce up the car a bit. This seems to be a reputable dealer with really good feedback. Dealer quoted me a price of $450 to add the spoiler vs. $120 from this dealer. I think I'll chance the DIY route.

I pick up the car either this afternoon or in the morning. The Aveo5 isn't the most exciting car in the world, but I feel fortunate to be able to get reliable transportation at such a great price. Look forward to learning more on this board.