•  

Thread: My check engine light

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

My check engine light

Ok my check engine light has been on so i go to check it out at auto zone. After the worker looked it up on the computer it said my 2007 Chevy Aveo was running rich. So he told me to check the vacuum hoses that might be the problem. So my question is how do i go about doing that and what do i look for? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks a lot.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Darnell, still no answer for you? Well I have also a question or couple of them. My Aveo lives in Croatia. It is 2007, 1,2L gasoline and LPG.
      1. Engine turns off when using AC (only while driving on LPG!) at idle or changing gears and more often with more things pulling electricity like lights and other stuff. I assume it has to do something with LPG setting, I guess computer doesn't give enough fuel during idle, AC needs a lot of power and engine turns off. I wonder is there also something wrong with AC. Again same thing doesn't happen while driving on gasoline.
      2. My ABS light is on now almost all the time and when I brake at low speed ABS turns on. I am aware that it must be that one or more sensors are dirty or damaged. But I mention that problem cause of next one.
      3. My AIR bag light is also on. I don't know anything about diagnostics of an AIR bag.
      4. Also my LPG on/off control unit with LED's showing amount of LPG in the tank, goes sometimes off. Next time I turn the engine on LED's are fine again.
      5. My parking brake or hand brake light is also sometimes on although parking brake is totally down.
      6. Is it possible that some of these problems are connected to the fact that recently I have installed two small led strips in my luggage compartment and one of them doesn't work anymore and it is maybe making a short circuit?
      7. Two more problems which don't sound like they are connected to electricity are: 1. cold engine, driving out of my garage, turning steering wheel totally on one side produces squeaking noise and than first 50 meters driving from garage up a small hill makes the car jump a couple of times or startling (hard to find a proper word).