•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modified Aveo v. Modified Civic EX

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Modified Aveo v. Modified Civic EX

heres a lil tale that involves me, my car, and a civic bein driven by a punkass kid.

I was on my way to work this afternoon not really doin much, just talkin on the phone while drivin (big no-no, I KNOW!) and just slowly makin my way down the streets to work. i was nearing the intersection i needed to turn right on just as i was hangin up my phone and from behind me i hear a motor rev. dumbass, i think as i start to make the turn and thats when i see in my rearview mirror a lil civic dance up behind me still revvin. eh whatever, i aint gonna race you because its a civic, theres a world of options out there for civics that are readily availible at a cheap price and will allow good power. so i start travelin down this 2 lane road and this kid pulls up next to me revvin his motor still, tryin to get me to race. i look over at him, he looks at me, and i just laugh and look back at the road. well down the road bout 1/4 mile is a CTA bus sittin parked on the road, not moving, takin up about half my lane. this kid is still beside me tryin to get me to rev. now im kinda pissed cus all i wanna do is get over into his lane so i dont hit this bus. so i push in the clutch and rev my car and this kid was so itchy to race that he takes off-oh good, now i can get into his lane and make the pass on this bus. i switch over and pass the bus and get back into my original lane which is now occupied by the kid who was hopin for a race. so he switches back to his lane that he was in originally (anyone sense the desperation here) and slows down so that i pull up beside him. after a moments hesitation i say screw it, (cus deep down i wanted to race as well) rev up, pop the clutch, and drop into 2nd in a single fairly swift motion. he bites and its on. first we are pretty close but then i start to pull off. then my tach needle starts fallin and im not accelerating anymore!!! WTF!!!!!! oh, u idiot, u hit the limiter-SHIFT! into third now and agan i start pullin on him and as i took it thru 3rd i checked my side view and saw that he was more than half a car length behind me. muwahahaha, i took it thru 3rd and put her in 4th and let off and he passed me and as we came up to the next stoplight i rolled down my window. "hey, what u runnin under there?", i ask. "V-TEC, intake and exhaust." now as i reflect on this now i wish i would have said "V-tec eh? I run E-Tec ."-and pull off but i wasnt quick enough to think of that. so i guess what im tryin to say here is, AVEO FTW!!!!

and this now gives me official braggin rights over civics as that is the 3rd civic i have beat down. 2 of the 3 were both modified as well. i hate civics, and i hope hes at home crying right now, cus not only did i laugh at him before i raced him, and **** up while racing (hittin the limiter), i still managed to beat him. i cant wait till im all boosted and able to smoke the **** out these lil ricer bitches.

good times for the aveo.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      reminds me why i hate most honda owners...love their new k-series but there are alot of honda tools out there....ah the rev limiter, a scary thing when you hit it for the first time...ive had it happen when i forgot i had the auto in hold mode

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      AVEO FOR LIFE!!!!! welll for my case barina but you get the idea

Thanks
      wasnt my fisrt time hittin the limiter, more or less just me not payin attention. and now ur thinkin, hes not payin attention and he wants to turbo his aveo-uh oh, lol.

Thanks
      haha i wasnt thinking that but now i am...sometimes i worry about the mechanical background of people considering turbos, atleast with me i have a back up knowledge in my dad being a mechanic but a lot of people who want turbos have no idea what they are getting into and just pay other people to do everything just because turbos are a tuner fad

Thanks
      i wouldnt say so much that they are a fad, but they are a great source of bolt on power. i love the sound of a turbo spooling up and then the blow off-aaahhhh music, sweet music. but yes it does pay to be knowledgable of turbos and motors and such or at least have some friends who know wtf they are doin.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      No offense mike, but an EX? Guy must've been either Auto or couldn't drive for ****... The EX is the most powerful civic (of the old kinds), and in it's stock form should easily beat you...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      The only reason you won is you got an advantage of setting when you wanted to race. He had to react to you, therefore you lauched earlier than him given you a big advantage.

Street racing means nothing. Unless you're at a street light (which makes it fair for both of you.

Sorry.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      haha i wasnt thinking that but now i am...sometimes i worry about the mechanical background of people considering turbos, atleast with me i have a back up knowledge in my dad being a mechanic but a lot of people who want turbos have no idea what they are getting into and just pay other people to do everything just because turbos are a tuner fad
      Turbos are such a fad. That is why they have been around longer than you have.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Turbos are such a fad. That is why they have been around longer than you have.
      waa lets get offended that i said they were a fad.....what i meant is its a fad or stereotypical for every joe schmoe wanna be tuner to try and slap one on every type of car with out knowing anything about what their doing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast