•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for someone with PHOTOSHOP skills

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Looking for someone with PHOTOSHOP skills

Just wanted to get an idea of which direction to go with my car. Here is my car:

I would like to see what it's going to look like with the hood painted black up to where you can see the body lines and following the body lines through the front bumper. I was also kicking around the idea of painting the rear view mirrors black to match.

Lastly, if you could use this picture:

But replace the part on the hatch that has the black bow tie with an all black piece w/ no chevy symbol that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I can't photoshop but do you want to get rid of the bow tie on the front as well?
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      No, I was thinking the shiny pieces from the bow tie and the surroundings of the upper and lower grill would offset the black paint nicely.

Thanks
      I'll give it a go RoRo I may have some time tomorrow.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Thanks
      Alrighty I think I may have something for you. Now I wasn't entirely sure what you meant, but was it this?

The image I did of the front isn't quite like that but I should be able to adjust it. For now here is what I got for you.

Rear:

Front:

Let me know if there is anything you would like me to adjust.

Thanks
      Wow, thank you soo much for doing that. That is exactly what I had in mind. I know I would not like the rear if I did that to the rear. You might have just saved me ~ $400 in paint/labor for the front. It doesn't pop out at me like I thought it would. Still undecided. I think with the hood/front bumper black like that it makes the faux chrome in the upper and lower grill look like it's over accessorized (if that's even a word). With the stock paint, the grill chrome blends in more.

Thanks
      Not a problem, gave me a reason to crack out my tablet again. If you painted the chrome the same color as the car it might blend better, or possibly just painting it black as well. Tough call though as if you paint its hard to go back. I'm actually going to a vinyl shop to see what they can do. The OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) actually wrap their cars instead of painting them and they look sharp. The advantage of that is its easier to change.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Thanks
      If it's not too much to ask, could you make some minor adjustments for me? Three different views: (1) The front w/o the Chevy bowtie, (2) the front w/ the bowtie but with the chrome blacked out, and lastly a tricky one (3) w/o Bowtie, remove the lower horizontal chrome piece from the upper grill and the upper horizontal chrome piece from the lower grill and then if it's possible have a tiny chrome piece on each side so the upper and lower grill are connected to look like one big shape.

Thanks again.

Thanks
      Sorry that took so long, been busy the last couple of days. Here are the photos:

This one isn't exactly like you wanted, but I thought about it as I was doing it and realized that the current chrome pieces highlight the inside of the grills. If you wanted to add a filler piece onto the bar that the badge is on it would be raise higher than the rest of the chrome and probably look odd. I kept those filler pieces out for now bit I can still add them if you would like.

Last one here is something I did for fun that I thought might not look bad.

Let me know if there are any other changes you would like!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
      If you wanted to add a filler piece onto the bar that the badge is on it would be raise higher than the rest of the chrome and probably look odd. I kept those filler pieces out for now bit I can still add them if you would like.

Let me know if there are any other changes you would like!
      Awesome job bro. I did realize that the chrome would sit higher than the rest of it, but if I were to go that route, then I would dremel into the front bumper so that the small chrome piece that I add to each side would be flush with the other ones. Great job with the pictures though. Your time is greatly appreciated.

So far I'm really liking the way it looks with everything blacked out except the bowtie in picture #2. I just don't know how well paint will stick to that faux chrome over the long run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast