•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: intake problems

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

intake problems

broken another damn mount for my CAI....nothing like trying to drive home staying under 2500rpms because anything above that the car sounded like it was gonna rattle apart...this is the third one so I gotta fix that tomorrow but my first question is how rough is your engine idle and how rough does the engine get when you rev it up past 2500rpms...the reason i ask is because I am pretty sure my engine is running real rough and vibrating the mount to the point of breaking...im thinking about video taping my engine vibration at some point to show you guys to see if its really abnormal....well tomorrow i gotta fix it so i might try something new....heres my idea: running my intake elbow into the stock intake box with a cone filter in there, then run plastic hose from the inlet in the bumper up thru the wheel well up to where the resinator hole is to feed the box with cold air....

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: intake problems

With my intake if its real cold out and the car hasnt warmed up ill idle just over 1. but it drops down after it warms up...ive never had any issues and i have a coat hanger holding mine on there.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      With my intake if its real cold out and the car hasnt warmed up ill idle just over 1. but it drops down after it warms up...
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      With my intake if its real cold out and the car hasnt warmed up ill idle just over 1. but it drops down after it warms up...ive never had any issues and i have a coat hanger holding mine on there.
      do you have an auto or a manual?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

I know mine must vibe a lot- I had my SRI mounted to the stock airbox mount in front of the strut tower and it recently broke one of the welds holding the mount to the tower.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

try using softer mounts to the throttle body like silicone i havnt had trouble with mine and its been 2 years
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Thanks

well just my luck i shortened my intake to a SRI so i wouldnt need that mount that keeps breaking anymore, plus I was going to add the cold air feed to have a GOAT air intake but didnt get to that....well i fixed the intake and started it up and stepped on the gas a little a low and behold the rattle is still there so now i pull on the throttle cable while im looking for the source and couldnt find it. so i took it to our friends shop to have them check it out because while i was checking it the CEL came on, trying to get it there was a bitch because every once and a while the power would be gone when i stepped on it and the rpms went past 2500rpms. so i get it there and they cant tell what the noise is so they run the CEL and it says knock sensor and there were using something that looks like a stethascope to find the noise and he said it was too loud that it sounds like its coming from everywhere on the engine. so far the guesses are that either the timing belt jumped and its off or the engine is going just beatiful

Thanks

where did you get your intake? LMAO
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      where did you get your intake? LMAO
      is this a seriuos question or r u just yanking my chain? lol i made it, the intake is fine but its just i dont feel like the hassle with having a CAI any more seeing as i just want it to get me from point a to b and plus i dont feel like making a better mount. id rather just make it a GOAT style air intake, that way i just dont have to jack up my car to get to the filter plus eliminate the mount that keeps breaking. too bad something is really effed in the a with the engine so i couldnt see the difference

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

hehe, im havin knock sensor issues myself, but mine is related to my neo that i just installed, im workin on it tho... sorry to hear sam, wish u the best of luck!

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast