•  
    Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your USED Aveo?

Thanks

How much did you pay for your USED Aveo?

How much did you pay for your used Aveo?

Please include:
      Year
      Miles / Kilometers

I bought my 2005 Aveo SV back in 2010 for $1500 off a private seller. It had a bit over 100k miles on it. Of course, it also had a blown engine. I grabbed a 2007 engine from a local salvage yard and did some other fix ups to it and it was as good as new.

The full rebuild thread is here:
      http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f103/...epaired-10191/

How about you?

Thanks
      Funny: I've been watching my local ads for a while...

There's a really nice '05 Wave 5-speed, fully loaded, full maintenance history, super clean & cosmetically excellent with about 200k kms on it (~120k miles). Private sale. They were asking $4000 for it earlier this summer, and I thought... that was way too much.

Apparently I wasn't the only person who thought so. The ad was up for weeks, and they never sold it.

So this week I see it's advertised again, now with "blown head gasket", asking $1000.

If I hadn't just bought a winter beater, I'd definitely be looking at it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I bought my 2005 Aveo LT (5spd)for $2500 in June 2014. It had 96k miles and just recently had the top end replaced after the timing belt snapped. Overall, it was a good buy since it drinks less fuel and parts are much cheaper when compared to by Grand Cherokee. I'm saving $$ in the long run with the Aveo.

Clutch is still grabbing strong and I only put around 10k miles on it last year. Brakes and suspension just recently changed. I plan on having it for at least another 3 years, but I plan on driving it until the timing belt snaps or the clutch needs to be changed.
      Last edited by slayerized6; 09-24-2015 at 08:37 PM.
      2004 Aveo beater car
      2005 Aveo LT. 5-speed beater car (DOA)

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      I had bought Scoots (a 2010 Sedan) on January 22, 2012 for $10,382.93; she had 38K on her, and was bought because I had pushed my old car (a 1998 Plymouth Breeze with over 200K on it) a little too hard and blew the engine sky high the week before. 3 years and 42,000 miles later, I don't regret going into that nissan Dealership.

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      I bought Chewy on March 15th 2013. It had just over 113k, but was the best maintained and best looking used car on the lot at that moment. It hadn't even been parked an hour before I went in and purchased it. It was so clean that they didn't even have the wash guys sweep it out or wash it, they just waxed it. You have to love elderly people that take care of their possessions. Many people of all age groups do not respect their vehicles, but that is a topic for another time and another thread.

I paid $3k flat, which considering the Timing belt had already been done at 98k wasn't bad IMO since I wouldn't be worried with it for a while. They wanted $4.5k since it was fully loaded and so nice. I knew the salesman and talked to him and he cut me a deal. The stealership still made $500. The old couple that had it traded it in on a new fully loaded Camaro, go figure...

I was super thankful that the timing belt hadn't snapped and that it hadn't been rebuilt. I also had the complete history, as well as nearly all of the major maintenance jobs or (common things to fail) had already been done under warranty. They traded it in simply because the warranty ran out and they were ready for something else. I can relate to that...

It has been two and a half years, a few oil changes, a transmission service/flush (flushed it twice, once in late fall and the other in early spring to ensure all the fluid had been replaced), a new set of tires, brake pads, both rear wheel bearings, one brake light bulb & license plate light bulb, and a couple of cabin air filters and engine air filters. Those bearings are rated for 100k, I should never have to replace them again for the rest of Chewy's life. In short, this car has been VERY low maintenance.

If I had it all to do over again, would I have purchased an Aveo? Absolutely! I intend to keep it for many more years and take care of it. I plan to buy something else new a couple years down the road, and if I have the garage for it I think I might buy a Chevy Bolt. It just depends on what it's like when it comes to market, and after there have been a couple of revisions. Look at how nice the Sonic's are, and they are in a lower class than the Bolt will be.

I wish the best of luck to anyone who currently owns an Aveo, or looking to buy one. I took a chance (as is buying any used car) and I have been very satisfied.

Just my two cents.

Here's a cut off throwback picture to day one, and an excellent one from today. My, my photo taking skills have improved. Enjoy.

Name:  IMG_1330.jpg
Views: 119020
Size:  310.4 KB Name:  IMG_6379.jpg
Views: 119065
Size:  302.2 KB

And that ugly Hubler badge is no more.
      Last edited by AndrewButler05; 09-27-2015 at 01:47 AM. Reason: #BecauseAveo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewButler05 For This Useful Post:

johanbrandon (03-05-2024)

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      My 2007 Aveo5 LS with 141K miles was gifted to me by my sister and her husband this past July. It came time to get the emissions and safety inspection done in their home state and it wouldn't pass because the ABS light was on. My sister replaced all brake pads, discs, and drums.

When I received it I cleaned the ABS sensors and VIOLA !!!

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I bought mine used with 5K miles on the car in 2007 for 9K. I have driven it since then. Right now it's down to a head issue.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car? outdoorsaddix's Avatar
      Thanks
      Bought mine for 4900 from a used car dealer in 2009, it was 4 years old (2005 model) and had on 60,000 km on the clock. I got a good deal on it compared to what they were going for in the market because the rocker was dented in on the passenger side, still have not got around to fixing it. She was in storage for 4 years after I got a newer car, but now that i can afford it she is back on the road at about 135,000KM

Name:  11091385_10155343197770184_388686369441184492_n.jpg
Views: 117627
Size:  129.3 KB

Thanks
      ^ $4.9k was a good deal back then. How long you planning to keep it? I'd definitely look into getting rust prevention -- eg. Krown. With kms that low, you'll have corrosion issues long before you have serious mechanical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pluto1977 View Post
      My sister replaced all brake pads, discs, and drums.

When I received it I cleaned the ABS sensors and VIOLA !!!
      Ha - lucky you. Free Aveo with all new brakes and an easy fix.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      2007 Hatchback with 91,000 miles. Bought last April. Had salvage title from 70k+ miles ago so figured all issues had been dealt with. Paid $1,800 and put a couple hundred into tit, including a new clutch.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast