•  
    Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your USED Aveo?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      This last week, I paid $2500 for a 2009 LS sedan with 120k. The car is tight and in very good condition inside and out. Had just been serviced and new tires put on. Looks and drives like it has only 40k on it.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      We picked up ours last April. Had 137k on it. Now has 149k. They wanted $2900 for it. I sicked my wife on them. Walked(drove) out with it for $2000 after taxes and fees. Has saved us plenty of $ just on fuel. Plus it's a good little car to teach the wife and in-laws how to drive.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I bought my used 2004 Chevy Aveo (67k miles), fully equipped with broken timing belt and bent valves, for $50. Inside the Aveo I found recyclables and office supplies I was able to return for cash value bringing my total purchase to $17. Score!! Cost about $450 to get it going again.
      Last edited by Hawg323; 06-12-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks
      I just bought an 06 hatch, 5 speed with 120k on it last week. Paid 1900 for it. Has had new timing belt, 4 tires, brakes, suspension on all 4 corners within 20,000 miles. It needs a valve cover gasket in a bad way, the slave cylinder blew out when I was driving it home from the purchase (fairly easy/cheap fix) and now the CEL is on. Seems to be running fine so hopefully it's just a sensor. If it runs well it should pay for itself in fuel savings vs my Nissan Titan in no time.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
      $450 nice score!

I take it you did the work yourself?

I know people who live in Nova Scotia - the annual (semi-annual) inspection is pretty strict as far as rust goes. A lot of cars I see on the road here would never pass there.
      Is that right? I find the inspections in NS to actually be very good, its only a safety inspection. and they actually last 2 years.

Thanks
      My wife and I purchased our stick-shift '05 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback from a neighbor with 40,000 miles on the odometer back in September of 2011 for $5,200. She's definitely still economy transportation personified, but she was a major upgrade from our 2000 Chevy Metro coupe at the time.

Aside from minor niggles such as the lack of cruise control, power ANYTHING, cornering abilities that rival those of a drunken sailor, and the incessant rattling of the dang carbon fiber interior door arm rests which have always been loose, she's been a dependable ride and doubles as my hunting vehicle.

I've overhauled all four brakes, put new tires on her, and replaced the timing belt at 60,000 miles (including water pump, serpentine belt idler pulley, thermostat, and thermostat housing), but that's been it aside from the usual oil changes. Still going strong at 65,000 miles and a champ in the snow during our Michigan winters!

Thanks
      I paid $500.00 for my 2009 Aveo bought it from sister in law excellent condition

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by WyoCharger View Post
      This last week, I paid $2500 for a 2009 LS sedan with 120k. The car is tight and in very good condition inside and out. Had just been serviced and new tires put on. Looks and drives like it has only 40k on it.
      Wow nice score. I paid 500.00 for my 2009 103.000 excellent condition

Thanks
      I just purchased 2009 Aveo the car is is in excellent running mode. The only issue is the paint it looks like it has been scratched badly but the previous owner said it is Factory Defect . Does anyone else have that issue? Please reply thanks.

Thanks
      Bought my black 2009 Aveo LS with manual transmission a few days ago. It has about 13,000 miles (22,900 km). The previous owner was a lady who only drove the car during the summer. She died late last winter so the car has not been used in since last summer. I paid 900 dollars Canadian for it. It needed new radiator hoses. I took it out for a spin today and the coolant temperature went up to maximum. However, when I turn the heater on full, the temperature remained at half way. Next step will be a complete radiator flush or a new radiator. I knew that I had to do some work on the car when I bought it.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast