•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How long will my Aveo last me?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: How long will my Aveo last me?

what he said, i don't believe the is a recommended service interval for the fluid? correct me if i am wrong. But until it has some mileage on it, then you start checking the color, looking for burn etc. Unless you are terrible to the tranny or there is something else wrong with it, i don't see any reason it should need changed. (maybe a long life change every 100k or something?) Other than an attempted upgrade, but if it already has synthetic in it, you wont see a performance change. VW owners like putting gm syncromesh in their trannys for an improvement, i imagine being this car is a GM that it has that, or its korean equivalent.

changing the tranny fluid with every oil change is about as wasteful as the government overseeing BP fixing an oil spill.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Hmm.. and where do you check the manual transmission fluid level/color?

And the oil spill... I thought when the initial fire happened, the BP did try to contact coast guard, but they said something along the lines: "you're in the international waters, you're on your own"? And now coast guard is giving BP a "deadline" to work better and contain it by the end of the weekend?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100612/ap_ ... _oil_spill
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo
      take it to the dealer, they will service it there, as for the brakes idk, i have just put on drilled and slotted rotors a while back becuase the stock rotors were looking ugly and the pads where still like new, i wouldnt be suprised if they last me another 100k miles, maybe the brakes need to be adjusted too, something else the dealer should look at
      I am not paying a dealer 100.00 for brake service I wouldn't let them change a spark plug.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      Quote Originally Posted by dragonwarrior2016
      is a waste of money ... Changed the transmission fluid but can't seem to find the Filter for it, I listened to my teacher who said every oil change drain transmission fluid and put new back in. so that the transmission doesn't fail.
      speaking of wasting money.. if the transmission stays sealed the tranny fluid would potentially last 60-100k miles.
      that is terrible advice from your teacher, the fluid in a transmission does not break down at the same rate as engine oil.
      You do know a Torque converter circulates.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

I have a feeling I know more about torque converters than you and your teacher.

I also know the common procedures involved in draining all the fluid out of the auto tranny and torque converter (to run it empty)can cause about 1000-10k miles of wear internally because the fluid isn't there, which isn't an issue with recommended service intervals. But everytime you change the fluid you shorten the life of the bands and clutches. Because running it and cycling out all the fluid procedurally is still comparable to cruising on the highway with low fluid. Sure no load there but you still run it dry.

Thanks

ive got 130 k on nine really every 60 to 80 thoulsand u outta change it ,,if u do that and just general up keep u wiull get 200000 easy ,,i have an 06 i drive at least 100 miles every day ,,ive literally beat it up ,,clutch is feeling a lil squeemish now(but doing holeshots at work didnt help this lol)
      honestly though u will b fine
      i have a brand spankin new 2010 and my 06 seems like a lil better car ,,it just has more power..
      im customizing the new one ,,cant wait to post pics and will when its completed.
      i just sold my orange 09 mustang gt ,,and lol i got such a gpod deal on another aveo i now have two ,,and since my mustang is gone ,,hek the new one is getn the treament

oops ,,edit i mean chng timing belt,,,,,,,,,,,,,
      dude is right on about tranny fluid if it shifts good and its it doesnt hav couple hundred thoulsand miles spend that cash elsewhere
      i know this sounds crazy but trannys get use to the charachteristics of that dirty fluid. ive actually known some instances where the knew fluid causd more problems than old , an old man told me this 20 years ago ,,i didnt believe him then ,,but he was exactly right and his 200g sklant 6 dodge dart never had tranny pan dropped

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

you sold a newer GT?!?!

Thanks

yeah i did
      i loved it but i didnt love the payment between house child support and just life i decided i could use cash elsewhere ,,butr heres a pic
      lol someone in gettysburg pa is cruisn in it im sure[attachment=0:8i12y7sh]003155-R1-22-21A.jpg[/attachment:8i12y7sh]

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

damn, what a beast :P

well, at least you have aveos now

at least you still got some nice cars

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234