•  

Thread: Hot new hatchbacks?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Hot new hatchbacks?

Just read a interview with Chevy dated this month, stating the Spark is schedille to come out in the US betwen January/July 2012, no word in the engine options yet but likelly only the 1.2 maybe 1.4 will be available. They said the Spark release is behein schedille due to the re-structuring, it was suposed to be out this year. Also anyone seen the Fiat 500? starting price is $15k way bellow the projected $20/$25 that was anounced before. Its available through Chrysler and Fiat dealers. We have a couple already in my town, pretty cool... the Abarth version is supposed to be release mid 2012 with a turbo engine and around 160hp. Toyota also has anounced that it is planing to release the IQ in mid 2013 or possibly end of 2012 under the Scion brand. The new Tata Nano prototype has already meet US and european smog and safety regulations and because of the extensive mods the price has gone up from the projected 3k but still under 10k, in fact the car is selling so well Tata is not able to keep up with the demand and despite its plans to bring the car to the US in 2013 it will likelly be later than that. The Smart is also up for a redesign next year. And finally Suzuki micro cars are now the best selling micros in japan, counting for 1/2 of all micros sold in that country, so, well likelly have one in the US soon.
      Guys, looks like we are about to enter the age of micro cars in the US! I think in a year or 2 well have quite a few options on micros for sale.

Unfortunatelly no word on the Aveo RS yet, but with the new sub compact releases of the Rio, Accent, Versa and the 140hp 2012 Civic(base) it looks like Chevy will have to step its game up and I think(hope!) the Aveo RS will be showing up unexpected shortly.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Well, if they ever come out with the Aveo RS version I'd buy one and meet you at The Mean Pig to show it off!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      OK than, Deal!