•  
    Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest Mileage Aveo (how many miles / km on yours now?)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I have 75,500 Miles or 121,500KM. I'm on my second timing belt, second set of front brake pads and rotors, had to change my thermostat housing, spark plugs, wires and my crankshaft position sensor. Oh and my horn just broke today.... but thats it, doesn't seem too bad so far, I love the stupid little thing.....

Thanks

Angry Mileage from Colorado

I have 125,xxx miles on my aveo and this car sucks. By the way, it is a 2006.

Will never buy a Chevy again. My engine light keeps coming on. I have replaced the throttle body 4xs, injectors and the catalytic converter. The engine light says is is misfiring and the air bag light is stuck on. About the 5th start the engine light goes off, then it goes back on. Did the timing belt and all a few months ago.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Mine is sometimes a pain but I know That I have to treat it a little better than my parents did. First off these cars are not hot rods they will not do 100 MPH all the time and expect them to perform like a new car no way. Treat the car like a child I baby my car I change my oil every 3,000 miles next time I have to change the Drain Plug. I still use it on a Paper route along as I don't put Exxon or Shell gas in it the car will be fine. Hopefully Walmart DC in Brookhaven, Ms will hire me and I can take this car back and forth to work. And Probably down the road I will buy the Chevrolet Sonic or just Buy a 2012 Chevrolet Aveo Classic. Screw Consumer Reports they don't know a thing about cars.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by puakaunu View Post
      I have 125,xxx miles on my aveo and this car sucks. By the way, it is a 2006.

Will never buy a Chevy again. My engine light keeps coming on. I have replaced the throttle body 4xs, injectors and the catalytic converter. The engine light says is is misfiring and the air bag light is stuck on. About the 5th start the engine light goes off, then it goes back on. Did the timing belt and all a few months ago.
      And yet another "i'm sure its the cars fault" i think you need a coil pack or wires. not sure why you replaced all the other stuff. but if that all you have done thats not much for 125k miles of driving for any car..

maybe you need a competent mechanic?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      And yet another "i'm sure its the cars fault" i think you need a coil pack or wires. not sure why you replaced all the other stuff. but if that all you have done thats not much for 125k miles of driving for any car..

This. I was pretty abusive with my cars including the Aveo, but I started being more careful about half way through owning this one. I learned to accept the simple fact that the biggest impact on my car's reliability was ME.

While I won't argue that the Aveo is the best most awesome car in the world, it's definitely a good, simple little car that does the job it was made for.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i'm not saying its the best car either, but for it being the cheapest car in the us (it really is).

BUT< It is an amazing car for what you pay.

And i am probably more abusive than most, and this car only failed on me twice in @ 30k miles. I've paid 4x as much for cars that ended with a break down/dealer visit average every 2k miles.

Thanks
      Bought my 04 at 190 000 km with busted timing belt. Replaced the bent exhaust valves. Now it's at 270 000 km.
      I gues its time for a timing belt.

Thanks
      Got a 06' LS sedan, auto/air, with 198,000 km on it. It's been a great little trouble free ride.

Thanks
      I agree 100% Rabbit.
      It's cool to see so many people with reliable high mileage Aveos!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post

It was the dang dealer who replaced everything. It was independent mechanic who told me about the misfiring thing. One day it lost throttle power and that is when the dealer kept it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Its a good car when the engine light isn't on. I commute 120 miles a day 5 days a week. I guess all in all it has been good but not powerful enough to get out of someones way only when the engine light is on. Replace things and it runs great for a few days and then loses some power.

Thanks for the tips on the coil wire or wires. I will check it out. Any other help will be greatly appreciated.

I do the whole mtc thing.

Last edited by puakaunu; 03-08-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast