•  
    Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest Mileage Aveo (how many miles / km on yours now?)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NirvAveo View Post
      Sorry to hear it finally died, some amazing mileage on it. I'm curious as to how many belts/waterpumps/etc a car like that went through?
      I did the timing belt and water pump every 100k, and again immediately before it died because the water pump was leaking. I actually thought I had screwed up the timing (or else the belt came loose), causing its death, but when I pulled the timing cover back off the timing belt was still secure and when I rotated the engine the timing was still aligned.

I went through 4 radiators (including the original), and had to put in two helicoils before 100k. I replaced the accessory belt every couple timing services. Shocks twice, and a complete suspension overhaul at ~300k. Amazingly, I only did three brake jobs, but I drove mostly on the interstate. I did the clutch and throwout bearing once. I also have replaced a handful of sensors and a vacuum tube, but it was an incredibly maintenance-free vehicle given the mileage.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meiermat For This Useful Post:

2010AveoLT (11-29-2017),Daox (11-29-2017)

Thanks
      Very impressive meiermat!

Thanks
      I have a 2010 with 137,000. Still my daily driver. Love my car.

Thanks
      I purchased my 2008 Aveo LS on 12/25/15. Paid $3,300 for it. I purchased it at 91,000 miles and as of today there are 166,501 miles on it. I love my car.

Thanks
      My 2006 is at 134,000 miles. Hoping it will last another 134,000!

Thanks
      i have 163,000 miles on my 2008 aveo

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Good bye to all....special thanks to PERTRIFIED RABBIT for his help in the past.

190k Aveo automatic running strong and sold for $800. Replaced by a new Mitsubishi Mirage CVT.
      150k Aveo stick running strong and totaled by a careless driver in parking lot. Replaced by used Kia Forte automatic.

p.s. Both aveo's bought new in 2004
      Last edited by old n' slow; 03-25-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      My Red Skittle (07 sedan LS) has 212000 currently and still running strong.

Purchased in 08 for 12k with about 30,000 mi on it

Things that have been done:

AC went out at 80,000mi. - warranty took care of it and the entire ac system was replaced. It hasn't been touched since and still works as it always has.
      At around 110,000mi the alternator went out. Also battery went out not far after. I replaced both myself.
      At 125,000 the timing service was done by a chevy dealer. $800 and two weeks for them to do it.. this was the last thing done to it that I didn't do myself besides oil changes.
      At around 150,000 I replaced the coils.
      At around 170,000 the bearing on the front left and right was replaced.
      Somewhere in here I replaced the belt tensioner.... twice. Pay up and get the good one when it needs to be replaced because it's one of the biggest PITA parts on this car as far as an accessory.
      At around 180,000 my son broke the front driver's side door handle and the ac blower motor went out. Replaced both of those with ebay pre-owned parts.

Fast forward to recent:
      Nothing has happened or been done to the car since the timing service except new tires and random oil changes (probably between 7 to 10 thousand miles between them.. Yes I know it should have been better serviced), and at 210,000 (a couple weeks ago) I started the laundry list:
      front brake pads
      Spark plugs
      Spark plug boots
      Replaced trans filter
      Three trans fill and drains
      Valve cover gasket
      Replaced catalytic converter
      Upstream o2 sensor
      Replaced am/fm radio (screen stopped working long long ago), and all 4 speakers

Still to be done:
      -Replace upper alternator bracket due to bolt broken off within it so that the belt get's proper tension again and isn't squealing.

-Fix or Replace cover that goes over the driver's side mirror knob.. I broke it getting the inner door panel off to install the new speakers :/

-Get a hubcap from junkyard and paint to match the ones I already have... Bent a rim on a bad road about two months ago and when it did, it crushed my hubcap..

-Rustoleum roll on paint job (Can't wait to get to this one)
      Last edited by hexskrew; 04-06-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I'm up to 304,000km (about 190,000 miles) on my 2005 Aveo that the kids drive now (which is usually like they stole it ). My wife and I bought the car second hand with 13,000 km on it. We certainly have gotten our use out of it.

I've done two timing belt/water pump kits (third one coming up soon), and the radiator. I've replaced multiple tranny filters, spark plugs, valve cover gasket, A-arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, wheel bearings, disks, pads, drums, shoes, that stupid release on the fuel door. I've flushed the power steering and brake fluid at least once. I've done the coolant a few times. Never did the spark plug wires yet, probably should.

The junk yard has been my friend for some front end parts when my daughter decided to hit a pole in a parking lot. Picked up all new weatherstripping while I was there.

My friends laugh and call it the "Bic Lighter" car, because it should have died long time ago. Yes....should have. But I keep it going .

I agree that body will likely die around the motor and tranny. When I pulled the plugs, I was amazed that there virtually no oil on them (I hadn't changed them for 150,000 km!). I'm sure if I did a compression test it would be in spec. Not like my stupid 2013 Outback that burns through a litre of oil in 6000km! POS.

I'm going to have to do the dreaded rear swing arm bushing replacement soon. Not looking forward to that,

Thanks
      That's impressive. Proof that a hammer will last forever if you replace the head and the handle occasionally!

I've only had one car go past 300k kms (Accord -- money pit).

---
      Aveo Underdrive Pulleys -- $20 Off Sale This Week. Get more info here.
      ---

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast