•  
    Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest Mileage Aveo (how many miles / km on yours now?)

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      mine is at 110k and have replaced the timing belt 2 times due mechanic issues with the first, it runs great, i dont see a problem with ours reaching 250,000 easily. we also live 35 miles from fort worth tx so we do travel far when we go intown.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I have a 07 aveo ls with 143,000 changed the belt and the valve cover gasket and the right wheel bearing other than that its a good car gets on average 30 miles a gallon running nokian tires snow rated so cuts the milage a little its a standard stick 5 speed a/c with a/c on its a little sluggish but thats expected after all its a four cylinder

Thanks
      mine is at 139,423.3 as of today. Lovin my lil veo!!

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Mine (svm 5speed) is at 127,000 And runs nice. Going to install 2nd timing belt at 140k. Been a good little car.

Are there some negatives? on mine,yes.. Rust. The strut tower is rusting in around its weld in a bad way. From what I can tell... if it stays running well, this area will rust away, and leave the car undriveable, collapsed over it's suspension. I live in rust country. So this isn't all that much of a surprise.

What I actually like about it, is when people claim that 70's cars rusted out before there time, I can say...they did? Well how about modern car's.... whats the dif?

Hope this doesn't sound to overly negative, I'm happy with the car. I think it's helpful for GM to see honest long term evaluation report's.
      How long is a car supposed to last anyhow? They need you back buying another one asap.
      Last edited by DailyDriverMark; 04-05-2013 at 11:46 AM.
      Find Aveo How-to's at my blog. http://aveodiy.blogspot.com/
      Timing belt replacement how-to with photos and more....

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by DailyDriverMark View Post
      Mine (svm 5speed) is at 127,000 And runs nice. Going to install 2nd timing belt at 140k. Been a good little car.

Are there some negatives? on mine,yes.. Rust. The strut tower is rusting in around its weld in a bad way. From what I can tell... if it stays running well, this area will rust away, and leave the car undriveable, collapsed over it's suspension. I live in rust country. So this isn't all that much of a surprise.

What I actually like about it, is when people claim that 70's cars rusted out before there time, I can say...they did? Well how about modern car's.... whats the dif?

Hope this doesn't sound to overly negative, I'm happy with the car. I think it's helpful for GM to see honest long term evaluation report's.
      How long is a car supposed to last anyhow? They need you back buying another one asap.
      What year is you Aveo? Mine is a Pontiac Wave 2008 and has no rust. I have it rustproofed every year. $160 well spent. I will now start just undercoating every second year and complete treatment on the other year. Previous car lasted 15 years.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I got 173 K MILES and 1 timing belt kit and rear bearing hub and still going strong. in NM

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sjrw11 View Post
      What year is you Aveo? Mine is a Pontiac Wave 2008 and has no rust. I have it rustproofed every year. $160 well spent. I will now start just undercoating every second year and complete treatment on the other year. Previous car lasted 15 years.
      Mine is an 05 and aside from a bit of rust from a dented door panel I have nothing, everything Else it still pristine

Thanks
      Mine is a little over 70k. I've had to replace the thermostat, but no other major engine "problems". I keep up with the proper maintenance as much as I can.

Thanks

that belt

Time to start saving to replace the timing belt, and while you're at it, the water pump. I had both replaced around 80K miles just to be on the safe side. 2005 LS 5 speed hatch, no AC. >209K miles and running very well.

Thanks
      As part of the "warranty forever" through the dealership I purchased the care from, in order to keep the "warranty forever" I have to follow the Edmunds suggested maintenance. I had the timing belt changed at 60k, inner cabin filter...cannot remember the entire list of things at this point in time. Do have all my paperwork for any/all repairs done to my little "Bumble" as I call her, since she's SO yellow.

I do notice that now and again my key is pretty warm when I pull it out of the ignition. Anyone else had that?

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast